Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool Legend

I don’t think he’s been secretive about what was said at HT. He pretty much laid it out in the post match presser:

• fullbacks particularly Robbo too high too soon leaving no space to move

• 3 forwards too static playing into the hands of the man on man defenders. They weren’t running into the channels or being dynamic enough

5 Likes

He also said something about the way we pressed in the first half. This was the post match interview, I didn’t catch it completely, but I think he talked about the team getting sucked into playing the man-marking style Villarreal played…?

I can’t quite remember what he said, but it was something about us not being compact enough when pressing.

1 Like

once again we struggled when we pressed their back line right to the keeper with the ball. just spreads us too much in their half, gives their midfielders time to turn with the ball. Same thing happened with Citeh, trying to chase Ederson with the ball at his feet.

2 Likes

Makes sense, he talked about Jota starting the press but the rest didn’t follow. Hence not compact enough, I guess.

2 Likes

Yes tactically it was clear we stopped pressing space and went man to man, I’m more talking about the change in mentality. We had 66% pass completion first half, that’s the lowest we’ve done all season by a long long way, we played with the ball like it was a hot potato, it was very un-Klopp football. From minute one second half we retained posession and played the Liverpool way, intregues me what he said, probably like Limie said, probably very little!

3 Likes

Klopp: ‘Pass and move is the Liverpool groove’

Players: ‘Oh yeah, right, let’s do that 2nd half’

5 Likes

A song from a time/final involving Liverpool I’d rather forget :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: The Boss’ face before he finally got his beer

6 Likes

I’m pretty sure there’s a law in Germany that every commercial break has to include Jürgen at some point.

8 Likes

A commonsense piece of legislation improving everyday life for all citizens.

:+1:

4 Likes
3 Likes

My Daughter arranged for Marc Kenny to sing at my surprise birthday party. He’s brilliant. :+1::nerd_face:

6 Likes

I soooo happy Klopp signing a contract extension, we seriously need to build a statue when he leaves.

3 Likes

One thing that doesn’t bother me about the title is I want number 2 and my concerns were growing what with 2 years left, now it’s four I can rest a little, let’s repeat the 2000-01 cup season with the CL replacing the UEFA cup.

I think the five subs is going help us more than most next season.

4 Likes

I just watched part of Klopp’s post match presser. Did he say “my problem now is not how City smash Newcastle tomorrow”? :rofl:.

He didn’t have much confidence that Sandcastle would offer resistance and he was right.

Set completed.

16 Likes

11 Likes

In just shy of 7 years. If someone had told me we’d have done this after being trounced 6-1 by Stoke I’d have thought them absolutely crazy. We were literally miles off. Incredible, absolutely incredible. He surely has to rank up there with Shankly as numbers one and two of our greatest managers of all time.

13 Likes

Uncle Bob says hello.

12 Likes

IMG_20220514_212418

17 Likes