Leicester, the Foxes thread

Reminds me of this. Maybe with Rodges as Jack?

1 Like

Impressive hair

Yeah… Until he shoves him off the deck. Rodgers is possibly the last person anyone wants to have in their corner whispering sweet nothings in their ear.

…and despite only signing on deadline day, when Brenda the Wizard opened the envelopes he had sealed before the start of the season… Wout Faes’ name was in all three!

Magic GIF by The Paley Center for Media

1 Like

Winning the FA Cup was what the 2013-14 season was to us, giving Rodgers some undeserved latitude before he totally messed it up.

Ineresting Leicester are flagged in this

Puts Rodgers complaints about the window in different context. they’ve already spent the money but he just cannot figure out to use the tools he has

2 Likes

They’ve gone a bit Norwich from last year and maybe Fulham the year before. Losing while playing beautiful football. Of course, Leicester have better players than either of those two clubs, so they are putting a heightened spin on that motif. In trouble. Ndidi has been pants this year and really looked horrible today. One point from seven matches. That’s ghastly. Hard to see Rodgers surviving. But in the cold light of day who is more likely to gain the most points from the next five matches, all against softer opponents? Rodgers or someone else? That’s actually a tough decision for the board to make.

3 Likes

Their board also needs to ask themselves a few questions how this summer went. Totally inactive.

1 Like

You won’t fight Brendan, you will just keep leeching off them.

2 Likes

6-2 loss. Stoking the fires of discontent……

Would serve his massive ego right if the board had little interest in staying up because their business interests were elsewhere… Save paying him compensation and kept him in the job all the way down into the Championship for everyone to take note that he is, and never will be an elite football manager

1 Like

I find Rodgers somewhat interesting as a manager. He’s basically trying to play football the right way. Attacking, watchable… Looking all fine and dandy… but he due to his enormous ego he just can’t and won’t accept his tactics and game plans have certain issues. He just doesn’t want to evolve and accept his tactical errors. His defense was most of the time questionable but just won’t change anything. Stubborn as a man can be.

2 Likes

Usually it’s the day after the weekend/holiday they announce the sacking so I’d be very surprised if by Tuesday he’s still in a job.

I don’t get the hype around him still, the guy cannot set up to defend to save his life…should go back to a 1 league team where he can actually be spoken of in a good light.

2 Likes

Bodgers on 10m a season and contract is until 2025, the club is in debt it would be funny to leave him there and get relegated, look how quickly they sacked Ranieri after he winning the league title.

It’s his Achilles heel, that and his overly inflated visible ego.

1 Like

Wow, he’s really never getting sacked is he?

Cracking Up Lol GIF

Hopefully there is a get out clause if they are relegated.

But some clubs really don’t help themselves

1 Like

They ain’t going to win the league this season that’s a certainty…
Maybe getting into Europe is not such a big deal to the Leicester owners either… So would be good if they let Bodgers ‘stew’ all season and tell him to get one place above the relegation placing… :0)

At this rate I can’t see that.

1 Like

It’s not just about this season. Rodgers is contracted till 2025 :laughing:, and at this rate they might be in League One by then.