Leicester, the Foxes thread

Ideally, Kenny would have kept his place until Klopp could come in, which was possibly fsg’s idea when they appointed him. My opinion on this topic is well-known: Kenny was fired too soon by fsg.

I know that he gets criticised for moving for the likes of Carroll, Adams and Downing, and that was indeed a horrible and costly misjudgment at the time, but then again, Kenny wasn’t really in charge of transfers, and those moves were rather down to Comolli than to Kenny.

On the other hand, Suarez and Hendo were brought in under Kenny’s watch. If he has to be criticised for bad-advised moves, he must also get the credit for moves which are among the best the club ever made.

Otherwise, Rafa was waiting for a call. I still don’t understand how stats-driven people like fsg didn’t at least take some interest in him.

Anyway, that’s old stuff now. Klopp is the real deal, hopefully he stays a lot longer with us. :crossed_fingers:

I don’t think the other options being mentioned with the role at the time have fared any better, and Brendan has performed well at Leicester. He clearly had the ability as a young coach.

2 Likes

Talented, but not experienced enough to manage us. But let’s agree to disagree about that.

3 Likes

Rodgers is an excellent manager/ choker. I’ll delete appropriately depending on Leicester result tomorrow based on if it helps us or not :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

In fairness Leicester losing away to Chelsea doesn’t make them chokers.

He has over achieved with Leicester much like he over achieved with us that one season.

3 Likes

Of course, am kidding.

3 Likes

I don’t think the two things are mutually exclusive.

He should have been no where the LFC job. (Anybody who says stuff like well what options were there? We were a mid table team, well I’ll point you in the direction of Everton who managed to snag Ancelotti).

But he was a promising coach and has been able to punch above his weight at Leicester. One thing is managing a club with Leicester’s ambitions another thing is managing a giant like LFC.

Never underestimate the draw of LFC!!

I think he knew he had got promoted to soon and felt he had to justify himself all the time because he had little to justify himself on the pitch.

I think it was many mistakes by FSG and they only started to learn late into Rodgers tenure. Hindsight I think they should be praised for not sacking him after Stoke but probably shouldn’t have bought Beneteke at 35m.

As everyone wants to suggest they didn’t approach Klopp until after they had sacked Rodgers, hmm yeah I think they knew his availability that summer.

2 Likes

Rodgers has done well at Leicester,I’ll give him that.
I don’t like the man starting from the seemingly underhand way he got the job here.I think he did what he was told far too much instead of imposing his thoughts on the behind the scenes people…Almost certainly what got Kenny sacked,was wanting to have control over the first team.
Rodgers may have learnt,or more likely has more manageable owners at Leicester.
Good luck to him there or anywhere else but here,don’t want to see him here again.

Not really comparable. FSG wanted to follow the Klopp/Dortmund model while they built up the club. An Ancelotti wouldn’t have come. Van Gaal might have but not sure fans would have taken to him.

Everton lack a foundation and have a billionaire who wants instant success. Ancelotti hasn’t been that impressive at Everton.

2 Likes

Pretty much all of this is probably wrong.

1 Like

You took my bit out of context.

I was saying BR should have been no where near the job. LFC also didn’t need to go for a manager with very little experience, I wasn’t advocating Ancelotti as manager for us, just using Everton as an example that it would have been possible to get a manager more able to manage a club of LFC’ size and stature.

I really haven’t. There were few managers interested in coming here. It was never meant to be Brendan on his own, he wasn’t the first choice and they had wanted a more experienced person coming in to oversee him when he was shortlisted.

Van Gaal is the only big name who i recall expressing an interest in the job, but FSG only wanted him for a directorial role, which he didn’t want. He was probably the Ancelotti of the day having fallen out of favour elsewhere - a big name who could be persuaded to go to a big club outside of the teams finishing outside of the very top - Although Ancelotti has gone a bit further by going to Everton …

I think Spurs could go for Ancellotti

Me thinks Spurs will go for Zinedine Zidane…
The fans are really turning against Levy, so he seriously needs to pull the rabbit out of a hat regards whom he appoints…

Fair enough I’ll agree to disagree with you. No biggie.

1 Like

Whatever!..

Nah, don’t see them going for someone like Ancelotti nor Everton letting him go.

Spurs will probably want someone younger and more creative.

1 Like

And cheaper… you forgot cheaper

1 Like

Leicester were out of sorts against Chelsea. Vardy, Barnes, Grealish etc. are exhausted, injured or uninterested.