LFC Sporting Director thread

Not sure if this has been pointed out elsewhere but looks like his son taking on the same role at Gladbach.

https://twitter.com/kicker_BMG/status/1664608839134507013?cxt=HHwWisCzqe668JkuAAAA

1 Like

Fair points. I don’t think we need a Salah clone. I do feel he is not rested more (hardly at all) because we don’t have someone that can fill in nicely with how we like to play. I may be wrong about that, but when Salah clearly needs a rest or is in poor form he starts regardless.

Salah always plays because he’s one of our best players and his level of fitness is as good as his goalscoring record.

3 Likes

Overall, Salah is brilliant for us. Not for a moment do I want to moan about what he’s done year in, year out. But there were periods when his form wasn’t good, par example last spring. Deserved to be benched more, for a game or two. But he’s still comfortably our main goalscorer. It’s not so much a different type of player that bothers me without him, but you would then want Nunez to start banging them in (or Jota, the only other left who has proven he can get to 20 for us). And we know he’s playing almost all the time. Right now, we have other issues than the backup Salah role. We’ll see what we do in that position in some other transfer window in the near future.

Way I see it and I wrote it further up, it’s far from the most pressing matter and shifting one over is not the square peg in round holes situation we had with Jones and Chamberlain playing on the left.

He was asked by a reporter if he had a choice between
Milinkovic-Savic
Or Kone.

He said Kone…
Easier for the lads on TAN to write during the in match threads…

Look I am not criticizing Salah at all. Clearly he’s been amazing. And yes, more pressing matters certainly. It just amazes me how little he is rested, even for the last 20-30 minutes of matches. He almost never comes out of the match. Yes he’s amazingly fit, but everyone needs to be rested, whether to be prudent or because of a players lack of form at any given time. Salah does not get that. Perhaps it is because Klopp doesn’t trust other options on the left or it changes the way we play too drastically. I simply find it odd.

2 Likes

I think you cant discount Salah’s own view on this - he wants to play every minute.

2 Likes

The problem is, you don’t need cover until suddenly you do, and you realize you have nothing. Then have to maybe play Elliot as a RW or Bajcetic as a no.6 for too many games for which they’re nowhere near ready. We shouldn’t wait for Mo’s form to drop, or for him to get injured before looking into the market.

Unfortunately, because of our midfield problems, we’re just going to have to keep hoping that Mo will continue with his bullish constitution next season. And to be honest most likely it won’t be an issue.

2 Likes

Find me a top player who doesn’t.

There will be plenty but the point is more about how they handle the decision psychologically - players like Mo and Suarez would find it different to Hendo for example

Dear Jörg,

We need a CB.

Regards,

TAN

2 Likes

Dear Ifti,

Thanks for getting in touch. Who do you have in mind? Don’t say Colwill, it isn’t happening.

Hope all’s well with you.

Jörg

1 Like

Show him one on a release clause, or if we need to get rid of someone first, show him someone with a expired contract.

1 Like

Dear Ifti, how about…

Hey Jörg, old chap! How’s life treating you, eh! What’s the news on getting a CM and a CB? The new season is less than four weeks away. Chop, chop.

FIFU

Hi Ifti,
Good to hear from you. I hope all’s well with you and your family.
To be honest, this isn’t what I signed up for. When I started this job a couple of weeks ago, Saudi Arabia and football had never been heard in the same sentence. Now they are suddenly all over the place offering huge wages and miniscule transfer fees left right and centre. My head is spinning! Every time I open my email there’s another outrageous offer. I’m trying to buy some players, but their prices go up and down by the hour.
I’m seriously considering handing over the job to Gary off YouTube. He seems to know what’s going on.
Anyway, got to run, someone is offering £100m for Nat Phillips!

I always saw Ifti as a tricky winger, speeding down the touchline and nutmegging himself by the corner flag.

2 Likes

Tom And Jerry Lol GIF by myHQ