LFC Sporting Director thread

Nah, Ifti signs off by explaining that he didn’t slit the previous DM’s throut but has them tied up in the boot of his car.

Season 3 Sleeping GIF by The Simpsons

carra just slated this guy on Sky saying he is only here for the summer and his job is to sign players and apart from 2 with buyout clauses he has failed.

Carragher’s just pissed off he doesn’t have the mental capacity for that job. he’s not even that good a pundit.

4 Likes

Don’t even think he’s pissed off. He’s just generating clicks and engagement.

Not to mention toeing the party line, which is that the only way to improve is buying more players every window.

4 Likes

https://x.com/skysportspl/status/1691157719598665729?s=46&t=qjQdwJi2khWQQz87wqB34A

Don’t think he said anything particularly outlandish to be honest.

1 Like

In my opinion Klopp wanted a bigger role in transfers after our league winning season and thats has caused chaos. From being a Lion under Edwards we look like a pussy in the transfer market. Even this appointment of Schmadke is rumoured to be made by Klopp - kind of a yes man i guess. We need to old structure back. Brutal but honest and I love Klopp.

1 Like

Again no one really knows.

I can make the assumption he doesn’t think Nunez is worth the money we paid and that he has an over reliance on the Portuguese market so he fell out with Ward.

If I was the club I would move heaven and earth to get Edwards back in even as a consultant while he decides what to do next even if it’s over the next year.

2 Likes

Don’t see that at all. Seemed to be speaking from the heart and can’t disagree with anything he said.

He was praising the model under FSG and highlighting structural issues and confusion since Edwards left

1 Like

He had one fucking job.

Sort our midfield.

Got 2/3 of the way and imploded.

This is why Carragher is a tosser has no idea what the job involves but is qualified to comment.

1 Like

If you look at Jurgen’s quotes after we played Benfica at Anfield and just after Nunez signed, I don’t think that’s the case. He was practically salivating over us signing him.

1 Like

Everything ever written about Klopp says the opposite. It is entirely possible that Ward lacked the heft to counter him and so Klopp’s voice took on more weight in the discussions, and Ward was unhappy with that development. But that is part of the job.

1 Like

As I said it’s all assumption based on the fact some ITK’s say Klopp wanted more control.

I don’t buy any of it.

Liverpool needed a short term appointment to cover Ward who had left at relatively short notice.

We know little more and Edwards has now been out of work for almost two years which is rather odd in itself for a guy saying he was leaving for a new challenge and generally seems like someone a lot of people would be after.

As I said if he is willing to come back even for a short period to cover up til next summer get the guy in.

1 Like

If he’s willing to cover up to the end of next week, get him in.

Yeah I’ve seen similar written, just don’t really buy it though given how Jurgen has spoken about the setup in the past.

Would love Edwards to give some kind of insight on his time here in the future.

2 Likes

Sometimes heaven and earth may not be enough for someone that left the company for a good reason…

Fixed

1 Like

Carra and Micah should stick to clowning around in Celeb Gogglebox. This analysis lark is beyond you lads.

1 Like

Why?? Things were working so well!