LFC Sporting Director thread

People on twitter claiming hes underwhelming and nowhere near the lever of Edwards.

Funny, Edwards was a nobody prior to Liverpool :rofl:

4 Likes

Many fans werent aware of him for much of the time he was here either :rofl:

3 Likes

This is true and I was one of the dopey ones :see_no_evil: :woman_facepalming:t4: I thought he was rubbish the first couple of years. I was made to eat humble pie. :smiley:

2 Likes

Celebrating our German king. :woozy_face::woozy_face::woozy_face:

1 Like

I asked this elsewhere… Jorg Schmadtke, is that the German spelling of Your Schmuck?

1 Like

Of course all the twitter experts have a deep knowledge of Werder Bremen’s Director of Football.

5 Likes

Never heard of him…no surprises there, if,as it seems, he has a gob on him, might be interesting.

Might ask John where the money is

He may well do!

He has previously fallen out with manager Oliver Glasner while he was in charge at Wolfsburg over signings. This ultimately led to Glasner joining Eintracht Frankfurt and going on to win the Europa League while Wolfsburg languished in the bottom half of the table and went through Mark van Bommel and Florian Kohfeldt in the same season.

The most notable was the sale of Victor Osimhen for €3.5m in 2019, two years after he was signed (not by Schmadtke) for €3.5m.

Is it supposed to bring hope for the bright future?

It looks like he is getting the job because he’s pals with Klopp! Stinks of Nepotism all round!

It looks like a totally fabricated story…

1 Like

Who cares if no one knows who he is, bring him home.

1 Like

He played 16 games, scored 0 goals for them and was regularly picking up injuries. Not really a stick you can beat him with.

I don’t expect Klopp to extend his contract again, but if there’s any chance, and a contributing factor to that is working in a set-up with people he trusts and values and this guy is one of those people, then count me in.

I doubt very much that anybody would be hired on that basis though, so whoever we get will likely be the best person who is available.

twitter is really for children isn’t it? even other liverpool forums are already shitting on the guy before he is even hired. No one has any idea what structure LFC has in place going forward and the role this guy will ultimately play in the large skim of things. But because he is not a splashy hire, then he is shit SMDH!!

4 Likes

Notable as in one example. Also retrieving of funds isn’t a bad thing especially with the market.

Wrong thread :thinking:

Whoops :sweat_smile:

1 Like

@Iftikhar the Thread Police :rofl:

1 Like