Lionel Messi- where next?

Scotland agrees with you! :wink:

I’m with @Maria and hope he wins the World Cup unless they play my Aussies who will no doubt be a real threat.

Best player I’ve seen. Love watching every time he plays like right now. Enjoy it while I can.

2 Likes

Has it ever occurred to you that it might just be reputation washing?

No.

1 Like

I think Messi is one of the best footballers I’ve ever seen. Period.

nothing more. nothing less.

1 Like

Should have been sent off today: the yellow he got was fully deserved, but he got away with a blatant handball earlier.

6 Likes

And he’s still a wanker. I really don’t give a shit about this World Cup but two things from this are likely to be the most vomit inducing events of all time should it happen; Messi winning the World Cup (I say Messi not Argentina because that’s exactly how it would be portrayed) or England winning it.

We would never hear the end of either one.

5 Likes

Wanker or not he is right in the mix for the Golden Ball.

I think he has been extraordinary in this World Cup and I will say it again - I hope he wins the cup and not that other fuckwit from Portugal. Makes that fuckwits including Bruno.

If France lose obviously it makes Mbappes chances a bit slim and the great Messi could take the Ball.

1 Like

The Hand of God ver2.0. :wink:

I thought Beckham was golden balls :rofl:

To true….over rated golden balls

1 Like

and a snide little c*nt

1 Like

Although Argentina is my favorite team, Messi is perhaps my least liked Argentinian.

Give Lisandro a chance I’m sure he’ll grate on us all.

He already looks punchable

1 Like

I always liked Messi until that dive at the Nou camp their 3-0 win and what he said about Milner afterwards losing 4-0 at ANFIELD.

1 Like

Must have missed that.

Sorry 4-0 defeat.

Win the WC or not, I think it shouldn’t change much about his legacy. He’s doing it for Argentina for a while now (after a difficult first few years), that’s enough in my books.

Messi as character? Meh, don’t know enough, he doesn’t give much away.

So nothing for me to particularly like or dislike (other than the player).

What a prick.

2 Likes

The video lacks context. First you don’t know what happened before that. Second I’ve seen the same video referencing two other people as well. One of them the referee and the other van Gaal.

I think sometimes people overreact to the smallest of details/clips what have you. The same could be said for any other player or person. Everyone has a moment shall we say.