Liverpool Defender of the Season (ONE vote each)

features everyone who has played for liverpool this season, who’s your first choice?

• Virgil Van Dijk
  • Andrew Robertson
  • Trent Alexander-Arnold
  • Joe Gomez
  • Joel Matip
  • Nathaniel Phillips
  • Rhys Williams
  • Ozan Kabak
  • Neco Williams
  • Fabinho
  • Kostas Tsimikas

0 voters

Oban Kabak? Is he our new Scottish rock at the back?

3 Likes

Goe Gomez!

2 Likes

Paul van Dyk

2 Likes

I’ve gone for Nat, I’m one of his harshest critics especially in front of the TV, but he stood up with Williams when we needed them both and they’ve done themselves proud.

3 Likes

Nathaniel Williams

1 Like

Lemme just say:

contenders for me are Robbo who has been excellent and played every match this season. Journeyman.
TAA who had great performances the last 10 matches up front and at the back but he was average at the back for long stretches during this season.
my vote went to Nathanial Phillips, for me he was great in every match he played this season and EXCEPTIONAL down the stretch in the last 10 and was the difference maker at the back and the number 2 reason we qualified for #ChampionsLeague qualifying. Salah being #1 for me down the stretch.
@mattyhurst @GermanRed @cynicaloldgit @collosal_centre_back

1 Like

Robbo the only consistent one over the whole season. Gomez was brilliant in the first half of the year and showed a level of leadership at the back that I didn’t expect without VVD. Matip great as well when fit. Kabak took a couple of games but looked better with each. Nat is pure old school passion and I love it. Trent has largely be very good this year but his dip a couple of months back was more of a drop off of a cliff - a cliff that he climbed back up. Fab was brilliant at the back alongside any of the first team defenders but when we were relying on him with one of Kabak/Phillips/Williams it was less good.

Robbo the only one to be consistent over the course of the whole season so surely has to be him.

1 Like

On a serious note, if it is for the season it has to be one among Trent or Robbo. Nat and Fabinho are good shouts as well, but Fab moving back to midfield made more difference than him at the back,

Trent however barring few games had a pretty good season and Robbo despite being run down was very resilient defensively and created plenty chances. The full backs yet again showed their worth, which by their standards could be considered low but was obvious given the crisis we had.

2 Likes

It’s no surprise since Trent’s form improved that we got better generally and the last few games he has been excellent.

4 Likes

Please learn to spell the names of our players correctly. Also, where’s Henderson?

4 Likes

Robertson was the best ‘defender’ throughout the season.

At some point in the middle his attacking output fell off a cliff but defensively he’s been brilliant. When Zaha fronted him up 1v1 today there’s no other player I’d have wanted in that situation.

4 Likes

Yeah, I’d have to say Robbo, by quite a margin.

3 Likes

I will go with Robbo, he has been immensely important and reliable, nearly played every game and what a fighter he is.

Love him :heart:

3 Likes

Ben Davies all day long

5 Likes

Think that the poll has been reset now that the players names have been corrected. Still no Henderson option though. I voted for Robbo.

2 Likes

Robertson has played in all of the 38 Premier League games and was substituted just once. Monstrous.

1 Like

I don’t think you can really call Robertson and Trent ‘defenders’. They are clearly offensive players, with some defensive responsibilities.

With that in mind, it’s clearly Nat. From where he started the season to where he finished it what a story.

4 Likes

Trent just an amazing player, speed technical ability, passion just good vibes!

1 Like

Best form of defense is attack, at least some say!

1 Like