Liverpool Injuries _Updates only, NO discussion

1 Like

From Premier League Injuries:

Luis Fernando Diaz Knee Injury Oct 11: ā€˜Six to eight weeks, we will see. He looks like a quick healer, but we will see. Could have been worse.ā€™ Return 26/12/2022

Joel Matip Calf/Shin/Heel Injury Calf Strain. Return 06/11/2022

Naby Keita Thigh Injury Oct 18: ā€˜Naby is now in parts of team training.ā€™ Return 06/11/2022

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain Thigh Injury Oct 18: ā€˜Oxlade is getting closer; yesterday, full team training, but that needs time. [He] was out for a while, and now we have to make sure that he can put all the session in his legs, which he needs.ā€™ Return 01/11/2022

Ibrahima Konate Other Oct 18: ā€˜He will be, in the end, out maybe for ten days until he can start training again. So, tomorrow itā€™s a week and then maybe Saturday, he is back in team training.ā€™ Return 26/10/2022

Arthur Ramos de Oliveira Melo Thigh Injury Oct 14: ā€˜Last week was not the best for me. Sadly, as you know, an unfortunate injury to my left thigh will keep me out of action for a while.ā€™ No Return Date

Diogo Jota Calf/Shin/Heel Injury Oct 18: ā€˜He will miss the World Cup. [Itā€™s a] pretty serious injury in the calf muscle, and now the recovery process starts. We can say that because he will not be in for a long time; we talk about months.ā€™ No Return Date

4 Likes

KeĆÆta and KonatĆ© expected to be back in full training from Monday onwards, but like a pre-season for them. Oxlade-Chamberlain is a week or 2 ahead of KeĆÆta.

JĆ¼rgen clarifies that itā€™s not about physical readiness but football readiness.

Unsure on NuƱƩz yet.

2 Likes
1 Like
3 Likes
7 Likes

Confirming the above tweet.

1 Like
6 Likes
7 Likes

Always next season eh

From JĆ¼rgenā€™s mouth. But either heā€™s downplaying it or itā€™s not as serious as that tweet/article made it sound.

3 Likes

Liverpool FC ā€” JĆ¼rgen Kloppā€™s fitness update on Luis Diaz and Harvey Elliott

Speaking at a press conference following the Redsā€™ 3-1 defeat, Klopp said: "Harvey got a knock before we scored, Harvey got a knock. But I think we were lucky.

ā€œHe looks fine now but he feels it, thatā€™s normal, there was contact. But I hope we were lucky in that moment.ā€

On Diaz, he continued: "Yeah, he was not in the best possible place. Itā€™s clear itā€™s a big disappointment for all of us, for him as well.

"It was a non-situation in training, honestly ā€“ nothing, felt something. [He] didnā€™t feel a lot next day but we wanted to be really cautious and said, ā€˜OK, come on, letā€™s have a look.ā€™

ā€œYeah, then the news came and it was a proper smash in the face. But thatā€™s it now.ā€

Liverpool FC ā€” JĆ¼rgen Klopp on James Milner, Trent Alexander-Arnold and Virgil van Dijk fitness
Milner was withdrawn after 38 minutes of the Redsā€™ fourth-round clash with Pep Guardiolaā€™s side at Etihad Stadium having pulled up.

Klopp explained during his post-match press conference: ā€œMillie felt something in the hamstring. We still hope it is not an injury, but we will see. He felt something, but after 30 years in the business he said, ā€˜I donā€™t think itā€™s a lotā€™ so we will see.ā€

Meanwhile, the manager explained how a virus kept Alexander-Arnold out of the fixture.

[
Roberto Firmino injury update
4 HOURS AGO

NEWSRoberto Firmino injury update

](Liverpool FC ā€” Roberto Firmino injury update)

The full-back was set to be involved in the encounter until sickness ruled him out, with Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain also suffering from illness in the build-up to the game.
ā€œWe thought Trent was available but then he got ill, so that is what we have to wait for,ā€ Klopp said of Alexander-Arnold.

Elsewhere, Virgil van Dijk is set to return to the squad for Liverpoolā€™s Premier League fixture with Aston Villa on Boxing Day following World Cup duty.

ā€œVirgil trained today [and] yesterday completely normal and should be ready for Monday, but we have to see who gets the virus until then,ā€ added the boss.

Bobby back after tonight :+1:

Iā€™m already healed, thank God. Iā€™ll probably train tomorrow. Then all being well Iā€™ll be ready not for the next game but the one after that. So all great.

4 Likes