Liverpool Injuries _Updates only, NO discussion

3 Likes

Pearce:

Matip is minor I was told. Out tonight but could/should be involved at the weekend. As for Thiago, I was told he would assessed on their return from Amsterdam to determine whether the weekend is realistic. He was very lucky that the Richarlison challenge didn’t inflict serious damage.

1 Like
5 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes

Keita and Matip return to training

Atalanta v Liverpool (Tues, 20:00 GMT)

Liverpool

Midfielder Naby Keita and defender Joel Matip have returned to full training says Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp.

Thiago Alcantara remains sidelined but Klopp has not confirmed whether Keita and Matip will be involved in Italy.

“I have really no idea what I do with this information in the moment because yes, they trained, that’s good, it’s better than if they don’t train," said Klopp.

"But we have to see what we do with it.

“We have another day to make these decisions. A lot of players will be on the plane hopefully, and so decisions will be made late, late, late.”

1 Like
2 Likes
4 Likes
1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes

Sky Sports: Have Liverpool suffered the most injuries?

Liverpool’s centre-back crisis has been dealt another blow after Joe Gomez suffered a potentially serious injury on England duty, joining Virgil van Dijk and Fabinho on the treatment table.

To compound the growing injury list, influential right-back Trent Alexander-Arnold also withdrew from international duty with a calf strain sustained during the 1-1 draw at Manchester City.

But have Liverpool picked up the most injuries this season? Data compiled by Premier Injuries reveals Jurgen Klopp’s side have picked up 15 injuries lasting 10 days or more this season - only Manchester City have suffered more (16).

2 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes