Liverpool Loan Watch

It didn’t work out for him up there. I have doubts that Klopp would have trusted a player who was a lazy trainer but maybe things have changed in the last couple of years.

I think Rhys is struggling to find his level. He was able to contribute massively to a successful top 4 push at Liverpool but has since struggled on two loans to the Championship and now couldn’t get game time at Aberdeen. Phillips appears to be struggling with the same problems.

1 Like

I dont recall any issues being mentioned at the other loans . Doesnt mean its not true but it does open the question as to why, if true, it is now happening…particularly if Aberdeen are as bad defensively as @Route.Juan says and you think provide him with opportunities

Maybe just not doing enough in training to convince the manager. Even with their supposedly lack of ability at the back, if those defenders look miles better than Rhys, it’s hard to justify starting Rhys over them.

Think Rhys has come from Non-League loan, then jumped to prem (playing at 120% in a good side and was still shite in reality). Then it would indicate that Championship/Scot Prem is too high of a level and he should be looking at a top League 2 side or Lower League 1 as his level.

https://x.com/lfc/status/1742848346749096102?s=46&t=aLG9ncyUrtZ-QtZv0kz6SQ

Recalled? Must mean he’s going to be used, surely? :thinking:

Or almost all of our loans from the first half of the season turned out to be a bit shit.

:joy:

1 Like

Didn’t we have a loan person at the club (Think it was Ward at one stage).

It is literally the meme that “you only had one job” and they have failed. Seriously do we get many of our players playing 90%+ of their games that are out on loan…

Balagizi is another one who struggled due to injury. He was injured when he signed for them, missed all of pre-season then just when he started getting game time he got another injury. Struggled in his few appearances - although Wigan fans said they could see the talent - but you would expect that from someone who has barely played since October 2022.

2 Likes

I’d say it is a pretty logical decision by the club to recall the lads who barely played for their clubs (Carvalho, Phillips, Balagizi) or not at all (Williams). They are likely to go on loan again, to another club - if they play for us in the meantime, they cannot go on loan again (except maybe for Williams, who did not play for the senior side of his club at all). If we do not sign another CB in January, either Philips or Williams will have to stay here as a 5th choice cover CB.

Beck’s recall is an interesting one as he enjoyed a good season at Dundee until now - good enough to attract interest from both Celtic and Rangers. He is likely recalled as a senior LB option until Robbo returns (which should be by the end of January). I can see him getting some minutes in the Liverpool shirt in the cup games and then depart on loan back to Dundee at the end of January (in that case, he would have only played for two clubs this season).

1 Like

Anderson Arroyo to FC Andorra (Spain, tier-two) 11 games, 489 mins
Billy Koumetio to US Dunkerque (France, tier-two) nine games, 740 mins
Calvin Ramsay to Preston two games, 131 mins
Dominic Corness to Yverdon Sport (Switzerland) 13 games, 466 mins
Fábio Carvalho to RB Leipzig 15 games, 360 mins loan recall
Harvey Davies to Crewe (League Two) 26 games, 2340 mins
Jakub Ojrzynski to Den Bosch (Netherlands, tier-two) 10 games, 900 mins
James Balagizi to Wigan Athletic (League One) seven games, 414 mins loan recall
James Norris to Tranmere Rovers (League Two) 13 games, 654 mins
Luca Stephenson to Barrow (League Two) 22 games, 1316 mins
Luke Hewitson to Stalybridge Celtic (England, tier-seven) NA
Nathaniel Phillips to Celtic eight games, 404 mins loan recall
Owen Beck to Dundee 20 games, 1800 mins loan recall
Rhys Williams to Aberdeen one game, 90 mins loan recall
Sepp van den Berg to Mainz 05 17 games, 1260 mins
Tyler Morton to Hull City 20 games, 1565 mins

SVDB has managed a few minutes.

One I think could still come good to be fair.

3 Likes

Our only real successful loans so far seem to be:

Sepp van den Berg to Mainz 05 17 games, 1260 mins (Plays 81% of starting minutes)

Tyler Morton to Hull City 20 games, 1565 mins (Plays 82% of starting minutes)

Owen Beck to Dundee 20 games, 1800 mins loan recall (Plays 94% of starting minutes)

Luca Stephenson to Barrow (League Two) 22 games, 1316 mins (Plays 40% of starting minutes)

Luke Hewitson to Stalybridge Celtic (England, tier-seven) NA (Looking at his social media, he seems to play every game)

Harvey Davies to Crewe (League Two) 26 games, 2340 mins (Plays 84% of starting minutes)

Not ideal imo

Davies has been dropped for poor form now after Crewe met their contractual obligation for playing time.

1 Like

https://x.com/anfieldedition/status/1743215764193112433?s=46&t=aLG9ncyUrtZ-QtZv0kz6SQ

Has he become the Lingaard of Liverpool? Young with potential…oh wait, he’s almost 27.

He is good enough to be a defender at a mid-table PL club - he needs to be sold imo to give him a good go at becoming a regular somewhere.

1 Like

If he was a mid-table PL player he would’ve been sold already I think. Hopefully we can get any sort of fee next summer, when he’ll have a year left on his deal. So both parties can finally move on.

5 Likes

1 Like

2 Likes

Pitaluga has joined St Pats on loan. Jaros previously won Player of the Season for them.

4 Likes

@Sweeting I maybe posting in the wrong thread here, but I was wondering what your thoughts are regarding our youth development programme? In your opinion, where can we improve?
It appears to me that Man. City and Chelsea are trying to negate their way through FFP by having good young players they can loan out at a good return and then sell at a premium.
I know that we recently had a similar thing going with Wilson/Solanke/Ibe/Grujic/Brewster/etc. being sold at an inflated fee. However, as it stands, apart from the lads in the 1st Team Squad (Jones, Elliott, Gomez, Carvalho, Trent) we don’t really seem to have anyone we could make money off.
I am not suggesting selling him but how much do you think we would get for Morton? Is there anyone else?

1 Like