Liverpool Loan Watch

Hasn’t been in last couple of squads despite apparently being fit now. Could be wring but looks to me like we’ve sorted him a new move in Jan and everyone is happy to leave him out until then.

1 Like

He had Covid recently didnt he?

Oh did he? I missed that, didn’t show up as an injury on the websites I was using. That could certainly explain it.

1 Like

https://x.com/mikeyclarke22/status/1741205693724512406?s=46&t=aLG9ncyUrtZ-QtZv0kz6SQ

Maybe not then

https://x.com/joshlfc1909/status/1741228834232353069?s=46&t=aLG9ncyUrtZ-QtZv0kz6SQ

2 Likes

Ah fair enough.

I expect he will go back out on loan mind. There is a possibility we may use him during this month but I guess we will see.

Feel like there’s a rule where a player cannot have 3 clubs in a football season……

1 Like

Players may be registered with a maximum of three clubs during one season. During this
period, the player is only eligible to play official matches for two clubs.

Carvalho hasn’t played an official match for Liverpool this season.

2 Likes

Liverpool RECALL left-back from loan after Kostas Tsimikas injury - Liverpool FC - This Is Anfield?

Owen Beck

1 Like

Was just reading this. Sounds like he was doing very well. Big step up, but I recall another young left fullback whose performances in Scotland weren’t given much respect by Liverpool fans.

1 Like

Possibly one for the cup games.

Makes sense.

Rumoured Celtic and Rangers were enquiring too

Dundee fans aren’t happy about Beck been recalled…

Where is Beck irt Chambers @Sweeting ?

Beck is much more of an out and out wing back whereas Chambers is a LB who can play CB.

Beck did really well up on his loan at Dundee with the fans being impressed by his pace and technical quality but they did find him to be a little lightweight. Still thought he was their best player.

For what its worth Chambers also impressed in the Scottish Premiership last season when he was at Kilmarnock.

I was surprised we recalled Beck. He had a tough time last season with two tough loans to Portugal and Bolton and so this was his first good run of football for a while. He’s also 21 so 3 years older than Chambers.

Maybe we’ve recalled him to act as backup here but I struggle to see it. You look at the game time Bradley has had lately, and Bradley is a signficantly better player, and even with the injuries I don’t see how Beck plays.

I think its more likely we have another move in mind for him either on loan or permanent.

4 Likes

https://x.com/lfc/status/1742501061523616249?s=46&t=aLG9ncyUrtZ-QtZv0kz6SQ

Another one bites the dust

Expected, had an injury that kept him out for much of the early season and hasn’t managed to find a place in the team since coming back.

4 Likes

Still only 22 (23 next month) and has 2.5 years left on his contract. He’s not going to make it here realistically…so assume the club will look to sell him this summer.

1 Like

At the moment Beck is the most intriguing, the others didn’t get enough game time.

More to it than that, Aberdeen have been leaking goals all season and even play with three CBs. He’s even struggled to get on the bench, rumours from pre season that he was a lazy trainer and turning up late for training.

1 Like