Returned Early

Rhys Williams (Blackpool) 17 games, 1154 mins
Owen Beck (Bolton) nine games, 363 mins
James Balagizi (Crawley Town) 16 games, 1149 mins
Max Woltman (Doncaster Rovers) 15 games, 457 mins
Jakub Ojrzynski (Radomiak Radom) three games, 270 mins
Billy Koumetio (Austria Wien) 15 games, 1072 mins

2 Likes

Bradley impressed me a lot not just in Bolton which is two leagues lower but he was also motm in the NI game.

Whether he can step up again is anyones guess but at the moment he is ahead of Ramsey.

Speaking strictly about players who were out on loan this season, this should be a really important pre-season for Van Den Berg, Quansah, Chambers and Bradley. I really hope they can make the most out of it, though our fullbacks will have to find a different dimension to their game if they are to replicate what Trent and Robertson are doing for the first team in the past few weeks.

1 Like
3 Likes

Clarkson with a fantastic freekick to send Aberdeen on their way to a 3-0 victory and a place in Europe next season.

3 Likes
1 Like

Weird stat. Bradley has more first team minutes in his career, aged 19, than Mykylo Mudryk does in his (aged 22).

1 Like

Bolton seem a great club for a few loanees to head to. Hopefully the likes of Mbaya, Bobby Clark etc will follow

Yeah I was just thinking the same thing. Would he perfect if we could send Mabaya there next season as a direct replacement for Bradley.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/LewisBower2021/status/1662792008958717955

I’ve been following this Bower lad for a while - he has to be @Sweeting in disguise, called it first!

1 Like

Its not, I think Bower is way more plugged in than I am thesedays. I’m just watching games and giving my opinion, he’s more like me in my university days going and looking into everyone’s backstory, looking for transfer links etc. I just don’t have time to do that stuff anymore!

4 Likes

In his last year of contract. Hopefully signs an extension.

Nice little read about Conor Bradley. I really hope he impresses Jurgen and is part of the squad next season. I’m less concerned about the right back slot than our CB situation, that I think requires at least one (ideally left footed) CB coming in this summer. Between Matip, Gomez and Ibou, there’s at least a full season of playing time out with injuries.

The other defensive loanee coming back is Sepp van de Berg. Was unfortunate last season to end up with a serious ankle injury in Oct. Prior to that, he was playing, and upon his return (April) he got back into the first team, playing the final 4 matches of the season. Massive shame his loan was a bit of a fail with that injury - a full season in the Bundesliga would have done him good, and might have seen Schalke 04 survive relegation. Not watched any of his games so not really sure how he’s done, but regardless, I’d still want at least one in this summer (especially if Phillips and Williams leave).

1 Like

Harvey Davies loan move to Crewe looks a promising one to me. Last season Crewe has Arthur Okonkwo on loan from Arsenal who was their #1 over the first half of the season. He kept 10 clean sheets in 26 appearances which earned him a January move to Austrian side Sturm Graz and this summer he’s being touted for a move to the Bundesliga.

Long story short Crewe is probably a good place to go for a talented young keeper. They have no established #1 of their own (the current senior goalkeeper is Dave Richards, a career backup at Crewe) and they’re relatively decent defensively.

Would be great for Davies to be able to replicate what Okonkwo achieved.

2 Likes

Rhys Williams loan to Aberdeen confirmed.

2 Likes

Might aswell have sold him tbh

1 Like

No need to sell Rhys yet in my opinion, plus there probably wasn’t enough interest to get a decent fee anyway. Didn’t have a great loan last season and spent the second part of the season with us. 22-years old, 3 years left on his deal, we’ll be hoping that he has a successful loan like Clarkson had.

It’s the same (and worse) with Phillips. I feel like he might have to go on another loan first and then hopefully on the back of some good games (like he did with Bournemouth), raise his value, last year of contract and finally sell him for a few bobs.

1 Like

Aberdeen manager, Barry Robson:

“Coming from Liverpool, Rhys joins us with a great pedigree,” said Barry.

“He’s athletic, tall and we think we can improve him and give him the platform to continue his development. I’ve no doubt he’ll become a real asset for the team.

“We’ve developed a good understanding with Liverpool, and I think they trust us with their players.

“The squad is starting to take shape now ahead of what will be a busy season. That said, we have still got a lot of work to do, and I expect the next few weeks will be busy with more new arrivals.”

Rhys:

“I’m really pleased to be here. When I knew there was an opportunity to come to Aberdeen on loan I spoke to Leighton and he couldn’t speak highly enough about his experience.

“I actually met some of the boys during the summer so there will be a few familiar faces in the dressing room which I’m sure will help me settle quickly.

“There’s a lot to look forward to this season, particularly with European football, and I can’t wait to get started and show everyone what I am capable of.”

2 Likes

Excited for Williams to go to Aberdeen, and also happy with that seemingly nice relationship we are building there. Celtic reportedly were willing to pay over 4m for Clarkson but we decided to deal with Aberdeen for what I’m guessing was significantly less.

Having a club that are consistently the closest rival of Celtic and Rangers as one of the club we can rely on to deal with for loanees and transfers is a good move.

Fingers crossed Rhys impresses up there and can get himself a permanent deal.

6 Likes