Liverpool matches – TAN predictor game

While we already have an overall PL related predictor game, thought this season we can have one which is more focused on our games. Limiting this only to our PL games for now.

Predictions can be posted in the below format before our games:

==========================================================
Norwich vs Liverpool
Predicted starting XI: Alisson, Trent, Konate, Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Thiago, Henderson, Salah, Mane, Firmino.
Final score: 1-3
Time of first goal of the game: 12 mins
Scorer for Liverpool’s first goal: Fabinho
Time of Liverpool’s first substitution: 87 mins

Points will be awarded as below for each round:

• Every correct predicted player in starting line-up – 1 point; Additional 3 points if all XI are predicted correctly
  • Home side score correct prediction – 3 points
  • Away side score correct prediction – 3 points
  • Time of first goal of the game correct prediction* – 7 points
  • Liverpool’s scorer for the first goal correct prediction - 4 points
  • Time of Liverpool’s first substitution correct prediction* – 5 points

*For ‘Time of first goal’ and ‘Time of first sub’ +/- 2 mins will be the range considered for correct prediction. Example: If the time of first goal is 67 mins, points will be awarded if you have your predictions from 65 to 69 mins

Note:

1. The website premierleague.com will be used for actuals for scoring.
  2. In case of own goal or if our players haven’t scored a goal, there will be no first scorer. Mentioning ‘NA’ for Liverpool’s first scorer will be considered as right prediction in this scenario.
  3. The above is applicable for time of our substitution and time of first goal of game as well. Example, if the prediction is that there won’t be any substitutions by us in that game, ‘NA’ would be considered as the right prediction.
  4. Predictions can be independent of each other – Predicting a 0-0 score and mentioning a first scorer is accepted as valid prediction.
  5. IMPORTANT: Deadline for predictions is 90 minutes before kick offs. Predictions post that will not be considered for that round.
  6. If there are any edits made to the prediction posts, those have to adhere to the above deadline as well. The time of last edits made to posts are visible at top right of the post and will be considered in case of any edits made.
5 Likes

Someone’s gonna be busy doing the weekly summation…
Its a brave man taking this on, but full marks from me for the endeavours ahead! :0)

1 Like

Brilliant, i hope this works, if we all get to know the rules we can tot up our own scores (no cheating) which could help.

1 Like

Thanks mate. I should be able to manage the scoring, but yes a self-validation would be good. Hence, didn’t include other competitions and just PL for now to see how much interest this gathers and how this gets managed :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s going to be some colossal effort. :clap: :muscle:

I’ve already pencilled in amassing 6points predicting Fraudiola will come to Anfield for a 0-0 draw

In for a penny…

Norwich vs Liverpool
Predicted starting XI: Alisson, Trent, Konate, Matip, Tsimikas, Fabinho, Ox, Keita, Salah, Mane, Jota.
Final score: 1-2
Time of first goal of the game: 25 mins
Scorer for Liverpool’s first goal: Jota
Time of Liverpool’s first substitution: 67 mins

1 Like

I guess I’ll amend my lineup at LB, then :cry:

(Assuming I can?)

Yeah, no worries mate. As long as the edits are before the deadline. :+1:

1 Like

Norwich v. Liverpool
Starting XI: Alisson, Trent, Matip, Konate, Kostas, Milner, Keita, Elliot, Salah, Jota, Mane
Final Score: 0-2
Time for first goal of the game: 9 minutes
Scorer for first Liverpool goal: Mane
Time for Liverpool’s first sub: 57 minutes

Predicted starting XI: Alisson, Trent, Matip, Van Dijk, Tsimikas, Fabinho, Milner, Keita, Salah, Mane, Jota
Time of first goal of the game: 8 Mins
Scorer for Liverpool’s first goal: Mane
Time of Liverpool’s first substitution: 62

Getting my predictions in as well, the one in first post was just for the format.

Norwich v. Liverpool

Starting XI: Alisson, Trent, Matip, VVD, Tsimikas, Thiago, Milner, Keita, Salah, Jota, Mane
Final Score: 1-3
Time for first goal of the game: 34 minutes
Scorer for first Liverpool goal: Salah
Time for Liverpool’s first sub: 65 minutes

Starting XI

Alisson
Trent Matip Konate Tsimikas
Milner
Ox Keita
Salah Jota Mane

Final score: 0-3
First goal: 25 min, Mane
First sub: 65 min

Norwich vs Liverpool

Predicted starting XI: Alisson, Trent, Konate, Matip, Tsimikas, Fabinho, Keita, Ox, Salah, Mane, Jota.
Time of first goal of the game: 21 mins
Scorer for Liverpool’s first goal: Salah
Time of Liverpool’s first substitution: 67 mins

Predicted starting Xl: Alisson - TAA - Gomez - Matip - Tsimikas - Fabinho - Keita - Milner - Salah - Bobby- Mane.
Final Score: 0-6
Time of the first goal of the game: 3 Mins
Scorer for Liverpool’s first goal: Bobby
Time of Liverpool’s first substitution: 46mins

Norwich vs Liverpool
Predicted starting XI: Alisson, Trent, Matip, van Dijk, Tsimikas, Fabinho, Milner, Keita, Salah, Mane, Jota.
Final score: 0-4
Time of first goal of the game: 17 mins
Scorer for Liverpool’s first goal: Salah
Time of Liverpool’s first substitution: 56 mins

I’ll be damned if @sandsoftime is going to out do me on this one. :rage:

Starting 11 (hopefully): Allison, TAA, Matip, VVD, Kostas, Thiago, AOC, Kieta, Bobby, Mané, Salah
Final score 2 - 11 (I don’t mind if Norwich score they will need a good start to have a hope in hell of staying up).
1st goal for us on 45 +1
Scorer AOC (Desperate times need desperate solutions)
First sub on 70 minutes

AOC 2 goals, Salah 3 goals, Mané and Bobby 1 goal apiece, Big Div 4 goals :crazy_face: :rofl:

1 Like

For the time of first goal, it’s for the game @Flobs in case you want to reconsider, else I’ll consider it 46 min.

@Iftikhar Considering “Time for first goal of the game” as 25 min in this case as well.

If you take 46 mins then that doubles my chances of being correct, doesn’t it? So I’ll take that. :smiley: i:e my intention was extra time of the 1st half. To be honest I don’t mind how it is calculated as for the moment, not knowing about fitness or squad gelling I’m taking this as a bit of fun. I mean Dig Div scoring 4 in the 10 minutes he might get is pushing it isn’t it. :wink: :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah, it does but by a small extend. Nonetheless, wanted to keep it simple hence didn’t want to get into overlapping timing considerations at HT for now.

1 Like