Liverpool Pre- and Midseason 2022-23

Leipzig game was great.

Same as a few moments again Man United ignoring the result. Some good passages of play. Hard for players to be motivated in pre season friendlies. When we are against English clubs when it really matters like Man City, watch the pace be heavily turned up.

Considering the prospect of him going out on loan is practically over, I wonder if Tyler Morton will play any part in the remaining preseason games.

I saw a tweet saying he’ll be involved this weekend (tomorrow, I guess) and then he goes out on loan.

1 Like

Interesting to see who plays on the front line tomorrow. Elliott and Carvalho will probably play the first 60 but you would expect Diaz, Salah, Nunez and Firmino will have the day off.

I don’t think anyone from last night’s starting XI will start today. Gomez, Konate, Milner, Keita, Tsimikas, Elliott, Carvalho, and Nunez are the available senior players.

Tsimikas is injured

You are right. Also, don’t think Milner, Keita, Nunez, and Carvalho will get too many mins after playing yesterday. So, lots of youth/Academy players will be involved. I wonder if Morton will be involved too.

15 Likes

Wow! We really focus on all the details! I wasn’t even aware of this!

4 Likes

I do remember seeing a couple of comments last season about Hendo doing it. But never noticed that other players were also taking on roles to keep the oppotition players away from the penalty taker

2 Likes

Yea I think we started doing this more after penalties switched to Salah from Milner, who could stare down all 11 opposition players, 40,000 rival fans and TV cameras, without breaking a sweat. My goat penalty taker. :heart:

8 Likes

I think we have established previously that Milner is essentially a cyborg. I had to laugh at the City fans trying to boo him yesterday. The fools!

6 Likes

USMNT have started running a version of this where a decoy penalty taker stands by the spot with the ball and only hands it to the actually penalty taker after the referee has regained control and gotten opposing players out of the penalty box.

2 Likes

It should be in the rules that once the penalty is called all players other than the taker have to leave the box and the GK has to stay behind his six-yard line.

4 Likes

2 Likes

This is essentially a kids only game?

Or is JĂźrgen trying to preview our teams for 2025-26?

2 Likes

Most of the senior players have played yesterday, can’t expect them to play again after 24 hours.

Tell that to Milner…

1 Like

@Sweeting and all

Did our U23s also play today?