Liverpool Season: 2021-22

Yeah, what Prolix said. Depends on context and expectations. Although, surveys are usually only indicative.

I suppose if they consider thinking they won’t be relegated to be really optimistic.

Let’s face it I remember losing two games after Hodgson left and still feeling more optimistic

4 Likes

Since tonight’s opener is Brentford vs Arsenal, thought I’d share this interesting old-timey movie from 1939 (just before the war). It’s a murder mystery set at ‘Arsenal Stadium’, just before a match between Arsenal and ‘Trojans’ (insert condom joke…insert).

The Arsenal players were the actual players of the time while the Trojans were played by the actual Brentford players.

It’s not a very good plot, but it’s a very interesting look back. The accents are regional which wasn’t common at the time in movies (either RPs or the mid-Atlantic accent was used), there was an actual look at the manager explaining tactics and of course this was just before WW2 broke out.

Looking forward to the season!!

2 Likes

Thanks for posting Muad! The tactics are great - from 4:30.
Arsenal Manager says ‘they don’t play your game they play the attacking game’. The era of 2-3-5 ( still existing in field hockey) formations.

2 Likes

Alisson, Salah and Fab is too big a miss IMO. Alisson the most. We should be able to manage if we have a fully fit squad though. Any idea who Chelsea, City or United would miss?

Potential NT duties of Liverpool players

Belgium: Origi. Unlikely to be called-up.

Brazil: Alisson, Fabinho, Firmino. Chile & Colombia (away) and Argentina (home).

Egypt: Salah. Angola (home) and Gabon (away).

England: Trent, Gomez, Henderson, AOC, Curtis, Elliott. Hungary, Poland (away) and Andorra (home). Only Trent and Henderson are likely to be called-up.

France: Konate. Unlikely to be called-up.

Greece: Tsimikas. Kosovo (away) and Sweden (home).

Guinea: Keita. Guinea-Bissau (away) and Morocco (home).

Ireland: Kelleher. Portugal (away) and Azerbaijan, Serbia (home).

Japan: Minamino. Oman and China

Netherlands: Virgil. Norway (away) and Montenegro, Turkey (home).

Portugal: Jota. Ireland (home) and Azerbaijan (away)

Scotland: Robertson. Denmark, Austria (away) and Moldova (home).

Senegal: Mane. Togo (home) and Congo (away)

Spain: Thiago. Sweden, Kosovo (away) and Georgia (home).

Wales: Neco. Belarus (away) and Estonia (home).

Countries in bold are in UK red list?

I saw somewhere on ESPN that LFC has rejected Egypt’s request to call up Salah due to the current Covid requirements to re-enter the country. I wonder if we will do the same with the Brazil guys?

It was just for 1 of his 2 games I believe, but maybe it’s a all or nothing situation.

1 Like

What I have learned so far, Liverpool has refused to release Salah for Egypt’s (a red-list country) home game against Angola but accepted to allow him to travel to Gabon for their other game. As for the Brazilian trio, Liverpool has refused to release them for any of the games as Brazil, Chile, and Colombia all are in red-list.

3 Likes

Breaking news:

The Premier League says its clubs have “reluctantly but unanimously” decided not to release players for matches in red-list countries during September’s international break.

4 Likes

The Netherlands are on the UK amber list, not on the red.

I meant Turkey.

Fixture pile-up starts.

Sep 12 @ Leeds
Sep 15 vs. Milan
Sep 18 vs. Palace
Sep 21 @ Norwich
Sep 25 @ Brentford
Sep 28 @ Porto

That’s six games in 17 days.

Same for everyone else at the very top though isn’t it.

So, it looks like we’re closing on this more or less, 25-26 senior players, a few to spare.

Alisson
Trent Matip vDijk Robertson
Henderson Fabinho Thiago
Salah Firmino Mane

Kelleher
Williams Konate Gomez Tsimikas
Jones Milner Keita
Elliott Chamberlain Jota

Of course, it doesn’t have to be exactly like this, but at the moment these are probably the 22 players that will play the most games this season. Just wanted to split them into two XI’s so we have a picture how it looks like. That can also change during the season of course, the likes of Taki and Origi could still have their little moments/periods.

We also have Adrian, Karius, Minamino and Origi.

Like I said, as things stand. Looks like Rhys will leave for sure, still to be seen what happens with Nat, Ojo might also leave before midnight.

Nat has a new deal.

Realy disappointed that we did not buy another proper CF. This could bite us in the ass just like not buying a proper CB did last season.

1 Like

What do you mean by proper CF? Does Firmino count?

Is there some points comparison table we are doing to track this season v/s last? I couldn’t find one.