https://www.linkedin.com/in/jonathan-power-578ab822?originalSubdomain=uk

1 Like

Dec 30: Leicester (H)
Jan 02: Brentford (A)
Jan 07: Wolves (H) FA Cup
Jan 14: Brighton (A)
Jan 21: Chelsea (H)

Very decent fixture load till February.

What’s gap between Jan 21 and Feb 4 for, NT games???

Fourth Round Proper Saturday 28 January 2023

Still it’s a bit odd to have just one game in 13 days.

Especiallly considering the shitshow that has just been happening for the last month.

How on earth do these NO-Mark so-called journalists get away time after time with such disrespectful headlines is beyond me…

Football FanCast
Football FanCast

FollowView Profile

Jurgen Klopp could finally ditch Liverpool “cult hero” in January, it’s a big risk - opinion

Story by Rebekka Arnold • 2h ago

1 Like

Never heard of the site, so decided to take a little peak and found this cough uhm gem cough

:rofl:

2 Likes

Joel is right.

1 Like

Most Premier League points in 2022:

:1st_place_medal: 79 - Liverpool
:2nd_place_medal: 78 - Man City
:3rd_place_medal: 74 - Arsenal

2 Likes

…And only one of them will likely end the previous and this season without a PL title. Festive period makes me look grumpy and pessimistic, which I most certainly am not otherwise!

1 Like

Are you not? You’ve certainly become a parody of yourself of late…

I didn’t know I rubbed certain people the wrong way that much - care to elaborate?

Almost every single post of yours has been talking us down while bigging up some clubs that are in no way as well-positioned as us. Saying that they’re dead certs for the Champions League spots while we’re for the Europa at best.

1 Like

Not almost every single post…! While I don’t believe in current side’s prospects this season (we won’t finish in top four and beat Real Madrid without a midfield), surely I don’t have to use a different font or emojis to signal that I’m being tongue-in-cheek more often than not? Besides, making jokes at Liverpool’s expense is making jokes at my expense and I really don’t mind that.

2 Likes

Fair enough, the problem with the tongue-in-cheek part is that if you use it more often than not, it becomes real convincing real fast.

Change your name to Victor Meldrew until you change. :grinning::grinning::grinning:

1 Like

We achieved top 4 with Nat Phillips and Rhys Williams at CB.

Everything is possible. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I was joking the other day that we achieved it once without centre backs and now we’ll have to do it without midfielders - I somehow forgot that Real Madrid also eliminated us from CL back then, so… As the younger fans say these days, “it’s on”. :joy:

@ubermick once compared me with Eeyore and I’ll cherish that for as long as I’m around, honestly. I wish @redalways didn’t get offended by my sense of Liverpool-related humour - at some point (say, 2009-2015), it was the only thing that kept my friends and me from tearing our hair out after series of failures.

I mean, we had a beach ball with Liverpool crest scoring against us, midtable finishes that followed tight losses in title races, referees blatantly costing us three titles in Man City’s favour, the best football player I’ve seen in a Liverpool shirt slipping in a home match where we needed a draw against Chelsea’s second string… I’m not the kind of character who moves on from these things, unfortunately.

6 Likes

I just didn’t get that it was humour, because

I have too much PTSD from this, so I’d rather just wallow in the optimism of Klopp-era Liverpool.

2 Likes