Liverpool Season 2022-23

I believe he re-injured himself while practising with squad…

Sorry…realised that a few hours after posting…wonder when he’s back tho’…

Jota in February, Diaz in March, last I heard.

Geez…we are depleted…

Gakpo in January :smile:

2 Likes

Where are we rushing?

We’re just so wild at the moment.

Defending as a group is the main problem, but then also some of our protection when we’re attacking… so many mistakes in possession.

Come on lads, think about intensity but also quality.

How things can turn around so quickly…DAMN!!!

Yeah…

Sometimes drops of quality are more sudden or faster than improvements.

We need to save everything that can be saved this season. If we can’t get CL, get any European football we can, try to win a trophy (even if it seems less and less likely).

Try also not to f*ck up the whole squad with injuries.

This side is too good to be about 10+ points behind CL places. It’s not a Sevilla type of roster, this is a high quality bunch of players.

But then please, build a better base in the free summer of 2023, coupled with a few ins and outs.

1 Like

Is Ramsay injured? Thought he was just suspended from his red card for the youth team?

Also it’s crazy how Jones has been injured so much this season.

1 Like

Really need Bruce Grobbelaar to come in and pee on all our players legs to unjix us from the injury curse.

3 Likes

Get them on Brucie’s wee on IV. We’ll piss the league, FA Cup and UCL.

(Pun intended)).

:+1::nerd_face:

No jinx here, just the way we operate + the accumulation with time. Plus a bit of bad luck is always a factor.

Maybe we’re back to the “doc, I need treatment” - “figure out yourself what you need to do” dark ages.

:joy:

Klopp said something interesting in the embargo section.

That if he could change anything, he wouldn’t have gone to Asia in the first week of pre-season, but maybe the third week.

Still said that maybe it wouldn’t change anything, but that’s what he would do.

Also mentioned of course that these pre-season decisions are made a long time before (I think at least half a season before).

Something tells me all the time that we didn’t manage to build a good base during pre-season. Of course, physically, mentally, tactically.

Plus, it’s not easy to basically incorporate two new players in our forward line, if we talk about Klopp’s way of forwards being the first line of defence.

2 Likes

Who did we incorporate besides Núñez? Feels like I’m missing out on someone?

Diaz was still relatively new.

Klopp said last spring that there was more work to be done with him in pre-season in specific detail how to act in different phases of the game.

On the left side we either had him (pretty good start to his LFC career of course), but then Jota was out, he was out, we had to play different players, now Gakpo… lacks stability.

So he was not totally new, but for our way of defending, it’s important that up top everyone knows what to do in all phases of the game.

2 Likes

Goal difference is zero in the league when excluding the Bournemouth game.

That today was one of the worst games under Klopp.

Maybe even the worst, I’m not sure, but in the top 3 definitely.

He said it was his worst and then suggested that one might have been worse. Two defeats at Watford and that 7:2 at Aston Villa were equally as bad, I’d say.