Liverpool Season 2022-23

1-4 CL

5 EL

The rest depends on League Cup, FA Cup and English Teams possibly winning European competition.

2 Likes

Part of me wants to get a Conference League place. I said before I’ve seen us win everything - I haven’t seen us win that, so that could be fun.

Also when else do we get to have trips to Andorra or Moldova?

3 Likes

Yeah, I want any European competition. If not CL, then EL. If not EL, then Conference.

Good for the club, good to see backup and young players (at least in group stage), opportunity to win of course and fantastic new away trips for fans.

1 Like

I have no respect for the ECL competition.

But we (under Klopp) have unfinished business in the Europa League.

It all started with it. Why not complete the trophy collection with it.

Given that 95% of professional football clubs would love to play in any European competition, do you realise how entitled that sounds?

4 Likes

Yes and still it’s artificial.

Would love a return of the UEFA Cup Winners Cup. That was a great concept imo.

2 Likes

Damage to us has been done though

Two seasons we finished 1 point behind with dodgy ref decisions plus their insane roster

It’s not like they’ll hand over two PL trophies to us

4 Likes

3 points deducted per effected season wouldn’t be much to ask would it?

1 Like

Too late? We never bagged the cup winners cup did we?

That is true, I was only 7 when it was abolished though so I wasn’t even really aware if what it was.

2 Likes

No.

It was our first ever European final, lost against Dortmund in '66.

And played the SF of the competition against PSG in 96/97.

4 Likes

Bring in the Italian geezers that keep catching Juve out. Pretty sure they lost some titles in Calciopoli. If the pl had any backbone theyd do the right thing; title changes and relegation for constant and consistent rule breaking by a team that has doped its way into relevance. Send them down to Conference North.

Wont happen, but its nice to dream

4 Likes

Pretty sure they will push it to CAS and shove some brown envelopes there! :wink: :wink:

1 Like

The ECL was not made for clubs like Liverpool to participate in….qualifying for that shambles would do more harm than good and believe me when I say there is nothing good about it.

If we can’t finish 5th, then I’d happily take 9th, CL and Everton getting relegated.

Its true it wasn’t made for us and would somewhat undermine the idea of the competition. I’m not sure what harm it would do.

For me on a personal level I found myself looking up the results of the ECL before the CL last season. Just to see some new names, I found it a lot more interesting. Having said that, similarly during internstional breaks I’m only interested in checking the scores of the lowest leagues (I think its D?). Its great to check out San Marino vs Malta.

Maybe this is just me losing interest in ‘elite’ level football.

2 Likes

It’s useful from all angles.

Klopp might moan a little bit about the scedule of some league games in European weeks, but we could go far with some good rotation.

We have more players than we need (other topic is how much we lose them through injuries). We won’t be able to sell half of our first team squad, that is just fantasy.

So yes I’d take any European competition next season, thank you very much. And from different perspectives. No room for moaning.

4 Likes

I’m sick of these fuckers

3 Likes

I know this season is bad but FFS enough already

Bill Murray Movie GIF by Hollywood Suite

1 Like

I was going to ask why our fixtures are so spread out…then I remembered how we’ve been playing…
Cant Speak Nathan Fillion GIF

Here we go…