Liverpool Youth Teams Thread

Ben Doak has a Year 8 English presentation this morning.

2 Likes

Ben Doak’s 17th birthday today.

His first professional contract should be enclosed in his birthday card from Jürgen.

3 Likes

Not unexpected! What a talent.

8 Likes

Good to hear mind, the lad seems like he may reach heights so good to tie him down.

Then again playing for the first team and then making the bench I can’t see why he would want to leave. Also helps seeing the likes of Elliott playing regularly.

Also worth noting their top scorer Mitrovic has missed the last two, with him on they may have beaten both Manchester teams.

1 Like

Is that 3rd paragraph supposed to be there? :thinking::nerd_face:

Doak’s little brother. :heart:

5 Likes

He’s sure got some big boots to fill to replace our last #50.

1 Like

Excellent start to life on loan for #LFC goalkeeper Marcelo Pitaluga (19) at non-league Macclesfield FC.

:red_circle: 22 games
:no_entry: 11 clean sheets
:o: 14 conceded

Still trains with the Liverpool first team every day.

:clap::clap::clap:

4 Likes

Liverpool goalkeeper Jakub Ojrzyński has been called up to the latest Poland U20 squad for a fixture against Romania next week. Currently on loan at Radomiak Radom.

3 Likes
3 Likes

“I am a ball-playing midfielder so I just try and get on the ball as much as I can. That’s my best attribute, being on the ball and passing. When I do get on it I can get the team ticking, so I just try and find spaces. Here I have been played more as a No 6, more as a deep-lying playmaker and I love it. I love getting on the ball and making things happen. It is what I’m best at and it’s what I am here to do."

5 Likes

:clap::clap::clap:

3 Likes

4 goals and 4 assists in 21 games.

Looks like Billy from One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest.

hqdefault

:joy:

1 Like

Stefan Bajcetic:

“I had always been a centre-back but sometimes I used to play a bit higher as well. But although I was usually a central defender, I was quite good at getting out with the ball.” #lfc [lfc]

1 Like

Klopp on Luke Chambers
“When I look at Luke Chambers I think ‘wow, he has everything for a centre half, apart from a body’,” Klopp told LFCTV before the game”

Really liked Chambers last summer in pre-season. First time I saw him and he was a nice surprise.

Noticed that he’s pretty tall, maybe Jurgen thinks he will need to be stronger with time.

1 Like
3 Likes

@Sweeting what’s he like?

Hard to define him right now as he’s only played a handful of times for the U18s. He’s a more defensive midfielder, keeps his passing short. I suppose stylistically a Hamann style player.

2 Likes

Piece on Doak here.

2 Likes