Liverpool Youth Teams Thread

17 year old Ben Doak scored the winner for the U21s against West Ham today, a 1-0 win.

Jayden Danns scored twice for the U18s in a 2-2 draw with Stoke City today, taking his record to 10 goals in 13 starts (20 total appearances) which is a nice return for a first year scholar. He mostly plays LW but has recently moved to CF, interchanging with Lewis Koumas.

Koumas himself, also a first year scholar, has 13 in 13 starts (17 total appearances).

4 Likes

:weary::weary:

Good learning experience for him to play so much in the Championship. I expect he’ll be back in the division next year for another loan spell.

1 Like
2 Likes

U21s currently 2-0 up away at Fulham. Harvey Blair with both goals.

Pitaluga
Stephenson Williams Koumetio Beck
Clark Corness Norris
Doak Stewart Blair

3-0 now, og by the goalkeeper.

Victory takes Liverpool to 2nd place, with the final game of the season against 4th placed Palace.

3 Likes

Finished 4-0 to the good guys. Nice moment for Tom Hill as he cane on for his fifth appearance since the 2019/20 season and scored in extra time to round off the win.

3 Likes

Well played young man :clap::clap::clap::clap:

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/harveyablair7/status/1653082765674389504?s=61&t=CHnRQ3uRWoyAgq-tzUnftA

https://twitter.com/lfc/status/1654138915832438788?s=61&t=CHnRQ3uRWoyAgq-tzUnftA

2 Likes

U21s playing their final game of the season away at Palace. Just took the lead through substitute James McConnell. Liverpool will finish 2nd in the league with a win.

Davies
Miles Jonas Koumetio Beck
Stephenson Corness Norris
Frauendorf Stewart Woltman

Balagizi is on the bench for the first time since he got injured playing for Crawley earlier this season.

3 Likes

Game finished 1-0, Liverpool finished second in the league coming back from mid-table by winning 6 and drawing 2 of their final 9 games.

3 Likes

James McConnell With the winner.

Sounds familiar :wink:

Encouraging sign for the U21s has been the form of Billy Koumetio. He’s dramatically cut down on the number of brain farts since returning from Austria (although they are still there). The mental side of the game has always been his his achilles heel, he’s such a talented player when he isn’t doing stupid things.

He’s been the key piece of a Liverpool defence that conceded the fewest goals in the league.

2 Likes

Show me a player who doesn’t make mistakes.

It’s encouraging to hear that Koumetio has cut down on them; we all know that he possesses the physical attributes to take the next step, so let’s hope that the technical side of his game keeps improving.

I’m still hopeful that both he and SVDB can become reliable first squad options for us.

2 Likes

I’ve got hopes for him, van den Berg and Jarrell Quansah. Of course they won’t all make it, maybe none of them will even, but I do think they are all very talented.

Koumetio probably faces the hardest road to try and make it here out of those three but he’s done everything he can since coming back from his loan spell.

Quansah and van den Berg both have the advantage of being able to play RB, which may give them an advantage in the first team system of starting at RCB and pushing wider into a RB position at times.

Koumetio would probably be someone who has to stay central due to his pace not being that good, more of an understudy to van Dijk and that’s a role that is going to be hard to prove himself in. You never know though.

Luke Chambers is another who is promising. As a player who can operate at both CB and LB the current position switch, using the LB as a LCB more often is probably exciting for him.

4 Likes

Sepp Van Den Berg managed to play the full 90 minutes in his first start for Schalke since all the way back in October. Received praise locally and from fans for his performance in what is a massive step up in fitness. 3-2 win for Schalke who are in a relegation battle.

3 Likes

Jarell Quansah has been named in England’s U20 WC squad.

6 Likes

And right on cue…

5 Likes

I do feel this guy has a chance to stake a place here.

Seems to be at an age where he could still come good and looks far more like a defender than the lanky lad who arrived here.

2 Likes