Liverpool Youth Teams Thread

https://x.com/lewisbower2021/status/1696601459205284119?s=46&t=aLG9ncyUrtZ-QtZv0kz6SQ

Does the club just say nothing about a first team player out for 6 weeks

Hasn’t it been well known for a while that he got injured in pre-season and it was a few months until he’s expected back?

Not sure what the club has to report to expand upon that.

2 Likes

Was it reported it was injured for a few months. I just thought he was injured and would miss the last few pre season games .

Anyways back fracture doesn’t sound good

@Sweeting thoughts?

Been obvious he was going out on loan again for a while (hasn’t played at U21 level yet) so was just waiting to find out where. Larouci went to French 2nd division and has turned it into a move to the Premier League, so it’s not career suicide or anything.

Think it does confirm what we already knew - he won’t make it at Liverpool. I hope he has a great year, sorts out his far-too-frequent brainfarts and gets himself a permanent move to a Ligue Un side next year.

2 Likes

Stress fractures, especially in a location like that, aren’t obvious. It’s not something you’d immediately think of testing for upon developing the symptoms and so we likely only turned to those tests once we saw he wasn’t really getting better.

But the take home is that with Ramsey out on loan there were people thinking he may get the shot at back up RB. Seems this will put way back on the path to that especially as several if not all of the Europa league group games will be done by the time he gets back.

2 Likes

https://x.com/mrboywunder/status/1696976785022324750?s=46&t=aLG9ncyUrtZ-QtZv0kz6SQ

Surprised he has not been loaned out.

Also why won’t my links preview like they used to :confused:

Danny Ward: 47 games in five seasons
Harry Wilson: 80 games, 5284 mins for Fulham
Jack Robinson: Mostly in Championship
Kamil Grabara: 86 games, 7637 mins for Copenhagen
Lawrence Vigouroux: 282 appearances for Swindon and Leyton.
Liam Millar: 98 games, 5807 mins for Basel
Neco Williams: 38 games, 2286 mins for Forest
Pedro Chirivella: 110 games, 8503 mins for Nantes, won the French Cup with them.
Rafa Camacho: 86 games, 3923 mins with four different clubs.
Rhian Brewster: 63 games, 2884 mins in Championship
Ryan Kent: 218 games, 17731 mins for Rangers, free transfer to Fenerbahce.
Sergi Canos: 249 games, 13873 mins for Brentford in Championship.
Taiwo Awoniyi: 98 games, 6101 mins for Forest and Union (39 goals and 10 assists)
Yasser Larouci: 44 games, 2252 mins for Troyes

3 Likes

Liverpool U21 captain Luca Stephenson has joined League 2 Barrow on loan for the remainder of the season.

1 Like

James Norris (20) joins Tranmere on loan for the season!

I got to see Canos play at Brentford’s old stadium against Leeds when they were both in the Championship!

1 Like

Surprised not to see any news on a move for Jaros yet. Still a few hours to go so maybe something goes through but thought he’d have a move done by now.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1697742379099594882?t=ikEKl-SH-CEyrvjrVJf0Sw&s=19

2 Likes

Couple of heavy defeats at youth level this weekend.

U21s lost 4-1 at home to Middlesbrough but there was good news with Luke Chambers, Paul Glatzel and Kaide Gordon all making theirbcome back from injury while Tom Hill - still working his way back from effectively 2 years out - played the full 90 and scored.

U18s were beaten 6-1 by Crystal Palace away. They actually played well, if anything were the better side for most of the game but trio of goalkeeper Misciur, debutant defender Nalla - just signed from West Ham - and midfielder Trueman made quite a few errors while trying to play out from the back and gave chances on a plate to Palace - who have a very sharp striler in Zach Marsh. Nyoyi also made his debut in this game.

I highlighted that Nalla looked extremely raw for West Ham in his only start at U18 level for them and that played out in this game - giving the ball away badly twice in bad areas for goals. Miscuir also gave a coupke away with bad passing and Trueman, who has otherwise impressed me this season, had the ball pinched from him and converted a couple of times.

1 Like

English FA confirm Jarell Quansah has withdrawn from the upcoming England U20 squad. No indication of reason.

2 Likes

Calm Down Champions League GIF by Liverpool FC

1 Like

https://twitter.com/TheAnfieldBuzz/status/1701385433622462535

4 Likes

Could see Scotland taking him if they qualify for next summer’s Euro’s.

1 Like

he was getting alot of love from the Scottish and Spanish fans on twitter last night

only 17 and fearless

3 Likes