Liverpool Youth Teams Thread

Unfortantely, we’re going to have to read a lot of “needs to improve his decision making” or “end product needs work” in the coming years, as if 17 year old wingers ever have that stuff figured out.

The combination of pace, strength, tenacity and the ability to dribble past the man either way is something I haven’t really seen from a youth player of ours, even including Sterling.

Exceptional talent.

3 Likes

Totally agree, if Salah did/does go the Doom Mongers state a lot of what you just said, if Salah goes well be fine with Doak in the squad…

But some will need to us to sign someone with a foreign name that sounds a little snazzy and cost us £70 million + as opposed to giving an academy lad that has the potential for great things …and has a bland name of Doak…if we can convince a few it’s pronounced “Deooaake”…might be a start😂

1 Like

Benjamin Doakinho? :thinking::nerd_face:

Rumour we are looking at Fulham’s Josh King

https://twitter.com/1947production/status/1703047555267842508

Is it possible to have a thread for Jarell Quansah in the Kirkby section?

3 Likes
8 Likes

I was just about to post this. Shouldn’t we have a proper thread for him now?

1 Like

If you see GR online, that’s when you know not to bother. :laughing:

Is it only mods that can create a new thread in the Kirkby section?

2 Likes

Even though the demand is popular for him and Quansah, I’d rather wait for both of them to start playing a bit more because years have showed that these threads are usually not visited after the initial excitement. We can discuss both of them here for a while.

1 Like

Yeah, no rush. Let’s see how they fare in the Europa and Kangaroo games this month.

https://twitter.com/ptgorst/status/1705181881690443836

Trey Nyoni scored a 96th minute winner for the U18s against Everton today as Liverpool won 2-1.

2 goals in 2 games for the new sogning from Leicester.

3 Likes

Are there highlights online ? youtube ?

found it

watching those highlights , seems the name of the Ev’s U18 keeper is also Pickford. Did a double take when i heard that.

Me too. :joy::nerd_face:

U21s vs Monaco (PL International Cup)

Jaros
Miles Pitt Nallo Davidson
McConnell Pilling Clark
Musialowski Koumas Kone-Doherty

Subs: Kelly, Pinnington, Hill, Spearing, Nyoni, Danns, Glatzel

First starts at U21 level for new signing Nallo and first year scholar Lucas Pitt. Jaros’ first game of the season also. Trey Nyoni, who has scored twice in two games for the U18s since signing from Leicester, is on the bench. Tom Hill and Paul Glatzel - both scored in a 2-0 win over Wolves at the weekend - are also on the bench.

3 Likes

Along with Doak, surely needs his own thread @Nikola ?

1 Like

Early days, but promising. A few brainfarts aside here and there, he was very good. Here’s hoping he can save us a few quid, as we will almost surely look to add in defence in coming transfer windows. And also that bloody homegrown quota.

2 Likes