Liverpool Youth Teams Thread

Barely 300 mins between them, let’s wait a few more weeks.

That makes absolutely no sense. It’s not Doak’s first season with appearances in the first team, and Quansah quite clearly has a role going forward for this season at least.

1 Like

Needs the thread now. Quansah will atleast start 7-8 PL matches this season.

A few weeks ago my Girlfriend stopped at mine and one of the first things she asked was, “have Liverpool signed someone called Nyoni?”. Thinking she was on about a 1st team player I said no.
Anyhow, it turns out my GF is a friend (through a friend) of his Mother. So I will be following his progress with extra interest. :+1:t2:

5 Likes

Think it got missed in this thread (probably because of our reliance on the great work done by @Euphoria and @Sweeting et al) that the U21s won 4-2 against Crystal Palace.

2 Likes

I didn;t update it in this thread but I’ve been updating basic stats for the U21s and U18s here…

U21: U21 Squads 2023/2024 - Google Tabellen

U18: U18s Squads 2023/2024 - Google Tabellen

2 Likes

Owen Beck called up by Wales senior team

3 Likes

Learning German?

I haven’t been keeping a close track but according to Dundee fans he has been their best player this season and they would love to keep him but expect he’ll be playing at a much higher level next season.

4 Likes

Harvey Blair back on the pitch. Another month or so I presume before fully ready to return to games.

Earlier than expected thankfullly

2 Likes

U21s vs Benfica

Jaros
Miles Quansah Nallo Chambers
Hill McConnell Koumas
Musialowski Glatzel Kone-Doherty

Subs: Kelly; Jonas, Pennington, Davidson, Scanlon, Pilling, Gordon

It’ll be interesting to see if anyone is taken off early with a view to playing, or being on the bench, on Thursday.

1 Like

I think Quansah and Chambers aren’t going to start against Toulouse on Thursday.

Game finished 1-1, very creditable result against a Benfica B team who play in the second division in Portugal.

Quansah and Chambers both came off at half time.

2 Likes

So he is back then? Or is he not?

Yeah hes back, played 35 mins against Benfica

Quansah does not look out of place in out set up! I have high hopes for him and Chambers and Nyoni.
This video shows we probably one some of the best youngsters in the land!
Best Liverpool Youngsters

1 Like

Quansah played really well tonight.

:+1:t4:

2 Likes

More impressively he managed it on a cold, (extremely) windy Wednesday night on the south coast.

Jarrel Quansah vs Bournemouth

90 mins
114 touches
86 passes (most in squad)
89% pass accuracy
2/3 successful dribbles
7 clearances
2 interceptions
4/6 ground duels won

3 Likes

86 passes (most in squad)
89% pass accuracy

What I liked most about Quansah was that all 89 passes weren’t sideways passes back to his keeper or defending partner. He is good at playing long lofted passes to the wing to Salah or driven passes into the midfield for Gakpo or Elliot who can turn with the ball due to its pace. This makes the passes more “useful” from a tactical POV.

Still needs to improve his defending and presence in the air I think.

4 Likes