Liverpool Youth Teams Thread

The Secret Scout account over on Twitter has been adamant for months (at least) that Quansah was going to be an excellent player and an England international. While I think it’s too early to say, the early signs are promising. Who would have thought that a spell with a team managed by Joey Barton would prepare him for something of a breakthrough season, eh…

3 Likes

And he’s played mostly LCB for us, partnered by a number of much more senior and experienced players than him. Speaks volumes. Hopefully he can save us some money when we look at adding in defence soon.

1 Like

Oo a few months - fuck off Secret Scout I called him a future England international years ago :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Look Whos Talking Now Omg GIF

I was trying to out you and I finally succeeded!

Fire Elmo GIF

I think he is one of the reasons why Klopp didn’t strengthen the CB this summer.

You see, I’ve been wondering about that for a while. I’m convinced that we need a quality centre back next summer, especially with Matip leaving, Van Dijk ageing, Konate being injury-prone and Gomez dividing his time between right back and centre back. However, even with that guy eventually coming in, I think there’s still a spot for Quansah, especially if he continues improving at this rate and if he stays free of injuries.

I’m wondering if there’s an opportunity for van den Berg to stake a claim here…

I got the impression that he was willing to leave the club permanently because a buy-out clause was mentioned last summer - I could be wrong, though. He couldn’t have got injured at a worse time for his Liverpool career prospects, unfortunately…

1 Like

Sweeting, who is Jayden Danns? I’m looking at your website and he’s scored in every game for the u18s so far. Played 7, scored 9?

Hes the son of Neil Danns, the former Birmingham, Blackburn and Bolton midfielder.

He’s pretty tall for his age, certainly has a bit of presence physically and is a technical winger who comes inside from the left wing. Not someone with a tonne of pace however and this season he has played centrally as the striker.

He’s been the stand out for the U18s this season, although I woupdn’t use goals as a marker of potential at U18 level, its just way too common to see players destroy U18 football and never adapt to the next stage of the game.

If Danns is to have a shot at Liverpool I think its as a CF in the mould of Gakpo.

3 Likes

I think Neil Danns was said to be a big Liverpool fan…

4 Likes

I remember Adam Morgan.

Wow

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/MenInBlazers/status/1725945359870947369?s=19

Some man child scored 10 goals against our u16s.

Acrually kind of weird that he played for the U16s - he’s been a regular starter for Arsenal U18s this season.

1 Like

I’m hoping we played a few u14s and u15s in that game instead of our u16 team…….

1 Like

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1730632348788723937

Time for some upturn in fortunes for young master Bradley. Really happy for him, he seems to have potential and with Trent’s floating role and Gomez’ versatility, it seems that the path is set for him if he avoids further injuries.

2 Likes

He has signed until 2027.

3 Likes

Regarding Doak’s injury, how long is the absence they are referring to? It will be months, sure, but is it like an ACL injury or he might be fully fit (setbacks notwithstanding) for the pre-season next summer?

1 Like