Liverpool Youth Teams Thread

No a meniscus tear is nowhere near as bad as an ACL/PCL injury, normally it is keyhole surgery.

They used to snip the offending piece of cartilage and then leave it to repair, the repair takes time as cartilage has a relatively poor blood supply.

Can take anywhere from 6 weeks to 3 months, depending on the severity.

2 Likes

Very pleased about Bobby signing a new long term contract. Was worried it was only a matter of time till Newcastle came sniffing around him, given his connections up there.

From what Iā€™ve seen him of him, heā€™s a belter of a footballer. At 18, I expect a loan might be on the cards soon for him to get some playing time.

2 Likes

Should we not be in the youth Europa league this season?

Is there even oneā€¦.

Lee Clarkeā€™s son. I didnā€™t realise that was the connection.

Yep, and joined us from Newcastleā€™s academy in 2021, as well as being born there, like his old man.

If heā€™s a Newcastle fan and they continue to be successful, theyā€™ll want him back. They did the same with Dan Burn.

1 Like

There is not.

2 Likes

U21s vs Bilbao

Mrozek
Miles Pinnington Nallo Scanlon
Davidson Pilling Hill
Kone-Doherty Cannonier Koumas

Lost 3-1 to Bilbao. Koumas for Liverpool. Former Liverpool U18 winger Elijah Gift scored one for Bilbao.

2 Likes

Guess we shouldnā€™t have gift-ed him to Bilbao then.

Is this a relatively under-strength team? Iā€™d imagine it must be with so many options with the first team now.

1 Like

Yeah if we actually played all of our U21 players it would be very strong but this obviously rarely, if ever, happens as Klopp prefers to bring players to 1st team training than to play in matches against other kids.

3 Likes

Is it right to say that Ramsay, Bradley, Quansah, Harvey, Pitaluga Morton & Carvalho all become HG players from the start of next season? Half right? Or have I just completely made that up.

5 Likes

https://x.com/lfc/status/1746146908169552228?s=46&t=aLG9ncyUrtZ-QtZv0kz6SQ

3 Likes

Proper CBā€™s finish that.

This kind of move is why you canā€™t take youth team results seriously. Liverpool got it right here, playing out from the back, but imagine how often it fails and the other team get easy chances.

Of course its essential though that the youth players play like this because they will be expected to be good at it before they ever even touch first team training - but it leads to results being all over the place.

3 Likes

As a kid I always thought that our Youth team being successful, was a sign of us producing potential first team players. Maybe that was the case at the time.
However, over the last decade or so, in my opinion clubs have changed their approach. They do not see the results of the youth team as a measuring tool of the squads potential. Infact, I would go as far to say that they almost set players up to struggle to see their reaction, how they cope.

1 Like

I remember him standing out in that preseason and then the news of his ACL rupture broke through. Such a shame, he looked like he was going to have a bright future ahead of him.

Wish him nothing but the best at Swindon, heā€™s long overdue for some good luck.

3 Likes

Former player Liam Hughes has signed for FC Haka from Finland.

5 Likes

5 Likes
2 Likes

Just the 7-1 win for the reds against Arsenal in the youth cup. Koumas hat trick, 2 each for Danns and Kone-Doherty.

2 Likes