Liverpool Youth Teams Thread

Yeah I hadn’t heard of him before the weekend, I think that was his first game at U23 level but I agree he looked pretty sensational. I’m not sure why he left Man Utd - although reading around it looks like it was his choice to leave - but he’s made a good start to life at West Ham.

Certainly one to keep an eye on, especially for Irish football fans.

1 Like

Yeah from that game alone I hope we cap him to tie him down :joy:

U23 Scorelines
Newcastle 2-2 Middlesbrough
Brookwell, Anderson - Liddle, Jones

Arsenal 1-2 Southampton
Cottrell - Sims, Chauke

Wolves 3-2 Burnley
Corbeanu, Harker, Samuels - Richardson, Thompson

Man City 3-3 Derby
Mcatee (x2), Delap - Shonibare, Minkley, OG

Tottenham 1-1 Brighton
Sterling, Jenks

U18 Scorelines
Aston Villa 2-1 Leicester
Brighton 1-1 Chelsea
Everton 2-1 Blackburn
Leeds 0-3 Middlesbrough
Stoke 1-2 Burnley
West Ham 1-4 Tottenham
Arsenal 4-2 Southampton
Norwich 5-1 West Brom
Derby 2-0 Sunderland
Man City 3-1 Wolves

Latest Transfers
U23
Dan Meredith, 20: West Brom to Leamington - Free
Daniel Csoka, 20: Wolves to Wimbledon - Free

U18
Marc Jurado, 16: Barcelona to Man Utd - Undisc
Alvaro Fernandez, 17: Real Madrid to Man Utd - Free

3 Likes

Interesting line up today for the U23s - a few surprises

Kelleher
Bradley Williams Clayton Savage
Cain Clarkson Woodburn
Longstaff Bearne Millar

Subs: Jaros; Beck, Sharif, Dixon-Bonner, O’Rourke

No sign of Hoever, van den Berg, Williams, Phillips, Elliott, Brewster, Koumetio, Larouci, Gallacher, Norris, Kane, Coyle, Ritaccio, Varesanovic, Hill, Glatzel, Stewart or Hardy.

Grabara? Or has he gone on loan?

About to join POAK apparently.

Jaros is the GK prospect to be excited about anyway.

Who is this Javi Cendon who was training with us in pre season? Liverpool could be offering him a contract. Seems strange

Woodburn playing, thought he was getting a loan to Holland somewhere? Interesting none of the youth prospects floating around first team set up involved. Expected the 17 yr old cb to play at least.

The rest of missing players getting ready for loans perhaps?[quote=“Sweeting, post:50, topic:113, full:true”]
Interesting line up today for the U23s - a few surprises

Kelleher
Bradley Williams Clayton Savage
Cain Clarkson Woodburn
Longstaff Bearne Millar

Subs: Jaros; Beck, Sharif, Dixon-Bonner, O’Rourke

No sign of Hoever, van den Berg, Williams, Phillips, Elliott, Brewster, Koumetio, Larouci, Gallacher, Norris, Kane, Coyle, Ritaccio, Varesanovic, Hill, Glatzel, Stewart or Hardy.
[/quote]

Gone quiet on him so doubt he is signing.

Anyone with a stream?

Only the first game and things change a lot and quickly at this level but it does seem to imply that any of the young players close to the first team will be expected to be in first team training and not playing for the U23s.

Lewtas has just essentially confirmed that the “older” youth players probably won’t be available very often.

Glatzel is the one I’m very surprised about.

Everton are at full strength by the way, in case anyone wondered.

1-0 Liverpool . Cain.

1-0 Liverpool - Cain

Good work down the right side by Woodburn, ball fell to Cain and he smashed it in the bottom corner.

Van den berg a funny one as well. Wouldn’t think he’s terribly close to first team.

If you got a Samsung phone or tablet download the mobdro app and you can watch it there on lfctv.

I think its clear the mental difficulties that Woodburn faces after so many years of persistent injuries. He got a stamp on his foot, looked painful but not serious - he dove on the ground holding his leg. Normally you’d say its just a player acting to win a free kick but I think its actually the fear that he has of injury and he thinks every knock is going to take him out.

2 Likes

Wow, what a goal.

Like Salah’s against Bournemouth that.

Ha. Classic youth football officiating on display.

Gaol disallowed on longstaff.