Liverpool Youth Teams Thread

The impressive thing is that it’s quite weak u23s side if you take into account all the u23 players on our books. Only Gordon and Kelleher are players you’d think could get first team minutes, and maybe Glatzel (wishful thinking).

I think Gordon and Musialowski both join in with pre-season given their performance levels and the fact they’ve already been training with the firsts.

1 Like

Yeah u18s is our best academy side atm and has been for a while. The u23s lately seem to be a weird limbo where your not good enough for a loan but too old for the u18s.

Think the polish lad and Gordon look very good. Not sure if they will do an Elliott loan spell at 17/18 but training full time with the seniors should be good enough before a loan spell as both lads look still a tad too young and small for men’s football yet.

Kelleher I think will be 2nd choice and probably will be that until he retires (if he stayed with us until then) don’t think he’s quite good enough to replace Ali but sure as hell better than any sub keeper we have had lately. Glaztel I just feel is running out of time as he’s nearly (or is) 20. Think he needs a loan desperately and some luck injury wise.

1 Like

We have signed two brothers from Kecskemet Academy in Hungry, aged 11 and 14.

This will always be the case with U23´s. Players flitting in and out from the U18´s and more experienced players like Van den Berg and Elliot going on loan so they never have a settled team.
Looking forward to the FA youth cup final on Monday night.
I see Billy Kometio was on the first team bench again last night and Musialowski , Gordon and Balagizi all look particularly promising. Hopefully Leyton Stewart will come back strong from his injury next season and start banging goals in at a higher level. Some good prospects in that squad.
I also hope that the club will give the Academy teams more TV time next season.

1 Like

Any idea how many people watch the Youth Team and the Women’s Team at the stadium? Where do they play their home games? What’s the average ticket price for such games?

Youth team is free when they play at the Academy, usually have about 50/100 people watching.

When they play at Anfield or in St Helens/Wirral/Chester t’s usually £5 per person and £2 for kids. That’s gets about 2k people.

Women team is about £10 a ticket and gets about 1500 people.

4 Likes

Yeah feelings mutual. Hope we can get a win. Strongest u18s side I think we’ve had in a few years. Would be a nice thing to have after a shitty season for the club.

1 Like

Yeah wouldn’t be moving myself or my kids at that age. Then again I can’t comment until I was put in that position. It’s there one big chance and plus most likely me will buy a house for their parents. Depends what their life is like at home, might be a blessing.

Being from the Midlands, i hear a lot of speculation about Villa’s youth players and Birmingham. The Villa, actually have a good reputation at this level in terms of having players of high potential. Additionally at the Blues they have Jude Bellingham’s brother and apparently he is of similar potential.

Villa will be a very good challenge for our lads.

1 Like

Home fans only allowed for the cup final so that’s another advantage for Villa.
Quiet a few of the team that played us in the cup due to the first team quarantine are in the side for them including Louie Barry he’s just a really good goalscorer.
Birmingham and that region really do produce an incredible amount of top class footballers.

3 Likes

Liam Coyle is leaving the club tomorrow

1 Like

Youth cup final on later - 7:45 kickoff on BT Sport for those of you in the UK.

Neil Jones piece on Musialowski - Mateusz Musialowski: 'The Polish Hazard' lighting up Liverpool's academy | Goal.com

1 Like

Would be good to see how that Villa midfielder plays (Chukwuemeka) supposed to be a huge talent.

1 Like

He came off the bench yesterday for Villa but I’d still expect him to play this one.

As I said earlier in this thread I saw their highlights of the 6-1 win they had against Newcastle in the quarters of this and he looked the business in those clips.

2 Likes

Bayern Munich supposedly interested aswell must be decent. Will be a tough game

Liverpool: H.Davies; Bradley, Quansah, Koumetio, Norris; Stephenson, Corness, Morton; Musialowski, Balagizi, Woltman

Substitutes: Mrozek, Jonas, Bajcetic, Chambers, Wilson, Mabaya, Frauendorf

He was the player rated ahead of Elliot in the English U16s so has to be something special!

1 Like

Looking forward to this

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/mateusz-musialowski-polish-hazard-lighting-up-liverpool/i2eletp4jild1olru9u5mjkjh

We look a lot smaller than them. Luckily a villa lad just touched the trophy so that’s there luck gone