Liverpool Youth Teams Thread

Look forward to watching the final.

Musialowski MOTM. Corness played well too, as did the back 4 (bar a few moments). Bala’s worst game that I’ve seen but turned it on for the last 10 minutes.

Tough game. Ipswich played really well and worked as hard as I’ve seen any side at this level work, full credit to them.

1 Like

I didn’t see the game, but I saw one of the local journalists give Quansah the MOTM for Liverpool. I’ve noticed on here people are giving it to Musialowski. How good do you all think Quansah played? I’ve not heard of him before as I haven’t been following the youth sides this year…

Yeah Quansah was good too. Made a bit of an error towards the end that could have cost us which was the reason I thought Musialowski deserved it.

He’s the u18s captain. At this level he’s a level or two above Koumetio as a defender, far more reliable. Definitely a talent.

2 Likes

I was impressed with him, seemed cool and calm and defended well, Koumetio also but seems to have a few brain farts during the game.

1 Like

I prefer him over Billy. Seems more consistent. think the hype over Billy is helping him have little pressure as possible on him

Liverpool will face Aston Villa in the FA Youth Cup final.
After the Reds’ U18s booked their place in the showpiece by beating Ipswich Town in Wednesday evening’s semi-final, Villa joined them with a 4-1 defeat of West Bromwich Albion tonight.

1 Like

Louie Barry, who scored against our first team, will likely start for them in the final. They also have Ben Chrisene who is very highly rated coming from Exeter City.

1 Like

Chukwuemeka also looked excellent in the highlights against Newcastle.

Should be a very tough game for the young reds, they’ll have to start better than they did vs Ipswich.

1 Like

The u18s beat Chester u18s 2-0 today. No idea of the goal scorers

1 Like

James McConnell and Kaide Gordon were the goal scorers

1 Like

Matteo Rittaccio has signed a new contract

1 Like

The FA Youth Cup final between Liverpool and Aston Villa will take place at Villa Park on Monday May 24.

The Reds’ U18s travel to Birmingham for the showpiece match of this season’s tournament as Villa are the designated home team. Kick-off is scheduled for 7.45pm BST and the contest will be broadcast live by BT Sport in the UK.

2 Likes

Taiwo Awoniyi has got his work permit finally.

Do any of our resident experts think that he has an outside chance of making it into our team next season?

Maybe not but then again can’t do much less than origi has this season. Playing in the Bundesliga so is not a bad player anyways.

Rumour is that he will complete pre season with us but leave for Fulham and West Brom interested in England and a few German clubs

Kaide gordon (2) and Joe Hardy scored for the u23s as we came back from 1-0 down to win 3-1 against AFC Wimbledon. Kelleher was in goal

2 Likes

Wimbledon only had 6 first team players playing bear in mind, rest were u23s

League one side though, that’s quite impressive.

Kaide Gordon is banging them in every game. Very good start to his time here.

2 Likes

Yeah not taking away from them. Amazing some can cope with L1 football at what 18 years of age. Keeping my expectations of Gordon low at the minute but definitely a prospect. Wouldn’t mind getting a look at him in pre season under Jürgen. Him and Elliott the future ??