Liverpool Youth Teams Thread

Larouci is now a free agent after his contract has expired

When Woodburn first broke onto the scene, I saw him as a young pretender to Coutinho, coming in off the left flank. Its a shame his career has stalled, almost reversed as I did have high hopes for him.
I think he has talented but as you say injuries and low confidence have affected him, and the fact of finding him a position compounds this.

1 Like

I always saw Woodburn as a potential understudy to Firmino; full of technique but lacking pace, he’d be ideal as the false nine.

1 Like

Woodburn is 21 and never going to make it here so needs to be sold in the summer, I believe there is going to be a bit of a clear out of our u23’s.

1 Like

He’ll have a year left this summer so hopefully we can get a little fee for him. Or maybe they offer him a new shorter one and he heads out on a new loan. Actually looked good in the flashes I’ve seen from training and those 11v11 clips. But that doesn’t have to mean much.

1 Like

Liverpool U18s will play their FA Youth Cup semi-final against Ipswich Town on Wednesday May 12, with kick-off scheduled for 6pm BST.

Portman Road will host the fixture, which will be broadcast live by BT Sport. LFCTV will also provide full match coverage

2 Likes

Know nothing about him, but Fidel O;Rourke has signed a contract with the club;

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/academy/433582-fidel-o-rourke-signs-extended-contract-with-liverpool-fc

Fidel O’Rourke has signed a new, extended contract with Liverpool FC.

The 19-year-old forward joined the Reds at U14 level and is now a regular in Barry Lewtas’ U23s squad.

A former U18s captain, O’Rourke was a part of the FA Youth Cup-winning squad of 2019.

A lifelong supporter of the Reds, the Liverpool-born striker was playing for his school team and in the Sunday League when he was spotted by an Academy scout.

1 Like

Surprised at that. Was given captaincy of the u18s last season I think due to him coming back from a serious injury and being a role model to his teammates for doing so. Then hasn’t really played too much since moving up to u23s. Think he still struggles with injuries. surprised he got a new deal

Leicester City U 23’s V Liverpool U 23’s

Ojrzynski - Beck - Clarkson - Savage - Gallacher - Dixon Bonner - Clayton - Longstaff - Woodburn - O’Rourke - Glatzel

Woodburn. 1-0.

Finished 2-0. Kaide Gordon with the second.

2 Likes

Happy for Glatzel to be back. Think we will send him on loan in January - it not earlier.

Also happy for Woodburn. He will be out of contract in 13 month - wondering what will happen.

Koumetio not in the squad means he is likely to be with the first team on Thursday.

Could also mean he’ll be playing the 18s youth cup game on wednesday, we play Ipswich in the semis and Koumetio is a regular.

1 Like

Another youngster has signed a contract this week - this time Layton Stewart;

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/academy/433584-layton-stewart-signs-long-term-contract-with-liverpool-fc

Layton Stewart has signed a long-term contract with Liverpool FC.

The 18-year-old striker started this season with the club’s U18s but moved up to Barry Lewtas’ U23s side later in the year.

He delivered his first U23s goals in successive games against Arsenal and Chelsea in February before his season was cut short by a serious knee injury in early March.

His natural pace and goalscoring instincts had already brought him 17 goals by that point, following on from 16 the year before in a campaign that ended for him in January.

Stewart has been with the Reds since the age of seven and signed his first professional contract in February last year.

An England U19 youth international, the Liverpool-born player has already gained experience in the UEFA Youth League and the EFL trophy.

He has trained with the first team on a number of occasions and earned a place on the bench for the Carabao Cup quarter-final in 2019-20.

2 Likes

Great to see BT sports showing it live.

If you have BT sport. Not much good if you are overseas. :frowning:

Ipswich score just on half time.

Davies
Bradley Quansah Koumetio Norris
Corness Stephenson Morton
Woltman Musialowski Balagizi

Subs: Mrozek; Jonas, Chambers, Wilson, Bajcetic, Mabaya, Frauendorf

Musialowski 1-1. Best player on the pitch.

1 Like

Frauendorf On for Musialowski and puts us 2-1 ahead :clap:.

1 Like

We are in the final yippee :clap: :clap: :clap:

2 Likes