Liverpool Youth Teams Thread

4 Likes
2 Likes

That makes two players in a few days to join Stanley after being released by us.

I love that one of the tweets below this one calls releasing him a “ridiculous decision”. Absolutely no chance that person has ever seen Hardy play.

3 Likes

Academy back training today also

Apparently Harvey turned up and trained with them even though he didn’t have to until the first team are back on Monday.
Great attitude.

4 Likes

Yeah seen a picture of him and the polish lad (can’t spell the name sorry lol). Good to see, trying to impress the staff with his dedication in a big breakthrough season for him. Wise decision, one I would not have done. Take my holiday haha

2 Likes

Caernafon Town in the Welsh premier league have signed Jakub Orjinski from our u23s on loan. Strange move in my opinion, thought it’s a tad of a lower level that he is at. Suppose not many teams want a 18 year old in goal. But experience is experience

Yeah I can see why you’d say that but it does seem to be a common theme for us to send goalkeepers to unfashionable leagues - Jaros signing for St Pat’s for example. I’m guessing it’s a physicality thing and probably an acknowledgement that they have significantly longer to develop than an outfield player so the level of initial loan spells doesn’t matter much.

4 Likes

Yeah also sending these lads to physical leagues aswell. Very good for young keepers and centre half’s like Rhys Williams to experience a drop in quality for more physical conditions.

I agree with your point here. As a keeper you need to be used to the physical aspect of the game. In a league where goal keepers arent given the same grace as the top leagues it toughens you up, makes you or breaks you. Also playing for an unfancied team will most likely see you being under a higher level of pressure from the opposition and therefore expose you to a higher intensity of football

1 Like

Feel a bit sorry for Balagizi as he has missed out on pre-season training with the first team due to injury. However he is likely to be regularly involved with first team training throughout the season.

4 Likes
1 Like

Tom Clayton, Morgan Boyes, Tony Gallacher, Elijah Dixon-Bonner, Matteo Ritaccio, Luis Longstaff, Jack Bearne, Fidel O’Rourke, Sheyi Ojo and Oscar Kelly are all prumably up for sale or loan as they missed out on a place with the first team for pre-season. No real surprises there.

James Balagizi and Layton Stewart would probably have expected to go with the first team if not for injury.

2 Likes

:cry:

ten characters

2 Likes
5 Likes
4 Likes

YT just offered up this video of Musialowski. Lad would appear to have some ability.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGIK5qoONNs

2 Likes

My review of the academy lads in action today.

Owen Beck : Looked very promising in the attack winning a penalty with his cross. Showed go promise with runs, probably could have got tighter for the equaliser but overall decent day.

Clarkson/Cain/Morton : Being a tad lazy grouping these together but all were fantastic, moved the ball very well. Could have protected us from the counter better but young lads nonetheless. Loved their long balls played out wide also.

Gordon : Great touches and good movement. Giving me Harvey vibes already at his age. Got chopped down a few times by a physical aggressive left back which was nice to see as gives the 16 year old a good taste of senior football.

Bradley: Probably should have swap games with Trent as I felt he struggled against the quality of Stuttgart, grew in confidence but could tell he was nervy. Can’t see us selling Neco and using him as second choice, seems too far off it at his age.

4 Likes

I think " fantastic" is a bit OTT for the midfield but agree they did well. A bit unfair really to judge on just a half hour of football but overall the youngsters performances were encouraging, particularly Gordon.
Maybe Musialowski will get a run out on Friday.

1 Like
1 Like