Liverpool Youth Teams Thread

Davies
Bradley Quansah Koumetio Beck
Morton Stephenson Norris
Balagizi Musialowski Woltman

Liverpool had a big chance early on as Musialowski couldn’t convert from 6 yards out but since then it’s been all Atletico. Should probably be more than 1-0.

Koumetio having a bit of a mare again.

1 Like

Blair on for Musialowski at half time. Wasn’t a good performance by Musialowski - presumably carrying a knock.

Bajcetic has also come on, replacing Luca Stephenson.

Unfortunately the referee seems to believe that any physical contact is some sort of war crime.

2-0 Atletico

Liverpool were much improved to start the 2nd half but Koumetio lost the ball on the half way line and a quick counter attack led to a second goal for the hosts.

Billy is some boy for errors

Silly Billy? :thinking:

1 Like

too much pressure for the young lad on the continent?

What a life. He looks thoroughly miserable as well so if he wants I’d be happy to switch jobs until the contract expires.

Liverpool staff probably wouldn’t even notice/care.

U23s v Blackburn Rovers

Pitaluga
Quansah Boyes Koumetio Gallacher
Clayton Bajcetic Dixon-Bonner
Bearne Woltman Beck

Subs: Hughes; Bradley, Chambers, Stephenson

Currently leading 1-0 through a Dixon-Bonner goal.

1 Like

2-0 second goal for Dixon-Bonner. Looks like those first team training sessions are helping him out.

2 Likes

Referee has had a 'mare here. Given a penalty against Koumetio when the replay seems to show it clearly hitting the top of his shoulder.

Score is 2-2 now.

(Slowed down replay shows the ball hit Koumetio in the face).

2 Likes

Layton Stewart back running on grass.

2 Likes

He’d be quicker on speed.

1 Like

Cheech Marin Responsibility GIF

What’s this game the u18s played in Spain. Against some Middle Eastern Academy. Won 4-0.

It’s actually Liverpool U19s who have a team competing in Madrid in the Al Abtal International Cup.

Like the look of Morton since pre-season and now after two appearances.

He may not go all the way or stick long with us (difficult, because we’re the top level right now), but I prefer his talent to a lot of other CM’s that were “coming through”.

Like Klopp said, we’ll see how it goes, he talked about them needing to work on his physique. But the football understanding and technique is there.

I think he’s got a better chance than someone like Clarkson. Because it’s also easy to say “work on physique”, it depends from player to player.

1 Like

Sorry probably been discussed to death on some other thread but anyone know why it was Harvey Blair not Kaide Gordon in the cup game?

Just got back from injury, last night was too early for him.

2 Likes

Thanks, hadn’t seen he was injured must have missed that. Was my initial thought that he might be injured but then saw him in training photos today. Shame as think it was the right platform for Gordon to have a breakout performance. Probably too soon in Harvey’s development although I thought he did surprisingly well.