Liverpool Youth Teams Thread

1 Like

Liverpool trying to sign 16 year old Ethan Nweneri from Arsenal. He looked set to leave earlier in the summer but has started all of their U18s friendlies so far Iā€™m pre-season which suggests he may stay.

1 Like

Some indication that one of the trialists we had in the U21s game the other day was Renaldo Torraj - he was released by Tottenham at the end of the season and is knock to have been training with Chelsea in the last few days.

2 Likes

I think the other one is that Southampton lad by comparing the picture of him

1 Like
1 Like

I havenā€™t seen a picture of the guy described as ā€œAndre Wisdom with a wigā€ but also a possibility that could be Eli Christie - 18 year old CB released by Derby.

2 Likes

Liverpool Youth team expert liked the tweet so presuming he did play for us against Wigan for sure

1 Like
3 Likes
1 Like

New signing Trent Kone Doherty played also

Just want to say one thingā€¦

Stefan Bajcetic: baller.

5 Likes

Future is looking rosy with some of our younger players showing some quality

@Sweeting will probably know, arenā€™t these two meant to be a bit special? Particularly Figueroaā€™s lad?

2 Likes

Yes they have both made big impressions at other youth levels. I believe Figueroa broke all sorts of scoring records - not a great indicator of talent to be fair - but everything Iā€™ve seen/heard is that he has a lot more to his game than other prolific goalscorer (eg Oakley Cannonier). Heā€™s a lot quicker, more involved in build up play etc - makes me think of when Jerome Sinclair broke into the U18s at 15, or Rhian Brewster.

Koumas played a bit for the U18s last year when he was still at school. Looked pretty special at right wing, already one of the best players in the team. At U16s heā€™s more of a CM so will be interesting to see where he gets used this season. Iā€™m expecting him to have the kind of impact Bobby Clark did as a 1st year scholars last season.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s worth reading into but I found it interesting that the hottest prospects in our youth ranks at this moment are sons of former football players (Figueroa, Koumas, Clark and Bajčetić). I havenā€™t seen the former two but Iā€™ve had hopes for the latter two, especially Bajčetić (maybe a bit of national bias as well but, like I said to my friends when he signed, ā€œif he becomes good at football, heā€™ll play for Spain - if not, heā€™ll play for Serbiaā€ :slight_smile: ).

All of these lads seemed cherry-picked by clubā€™s recruitment staff and I think thereā€™s a pattern emerging with all of them coming in with relative media fuss, alongside the likes of Gordon, Kone-Doherty and Doak. I honestly canā€™t remember it being a case over the past twenty years, with some notable exceptions like Sterling and Duncan.

3 Likes

U21s vs Kidderminster Harriers first team today

Hewitson
Stephenson Jonas Chambers Norris
Cain Clarkson Clark
Bearne Stewart Musialowski

Subs: Morana; Quansah, Corness, Blair, Woltman, Cannonier, Oā€™Rourke

2 Likes

Strikes me that we have too many attacking players - Bearne, Stewart, Oā€™Rourke, Musialowski, Cannonier, Woltman and Blair all competing for one of three forward roles.

Thatā€™s also not factoring in Kaide Gordon.

I expect some movement with at least two of them before the window closes.

3 Likes

Wasnā€™t Musualowski being linked with a move back to Poland a couple of weeks ago, or was that just a discussion between members on this forum when another player moved back to Poland?