Liverpool Youth Teams Thread

1 Like

Bajcetic and Mabaya both looking really good in moments in my opinion, with Mabaya the one who has been a bit more exposed at times (no surprises though)

2 Likes

Yes, looks very promising. Seems to have some of that 360 vision, love seeing that in a midfielder. Hope he gets a few games this season.

1 Like

U18s beat Cardiff 3-2

2 Likes

Our Academy lads seem to be at Porto’s academy stadium

Mabaya sometimes reminded me of Clyne and Wan-Bissaka.

:joy:

That’s actually the impression I got from the Leipzig match…

Anyone knows what the plan is with Clarkson?

He reminds me of Walker before Pep got a hold of him.

Mabaya is 17 and hasn’t even played the position that much.

Delivery into the box needs work but he clearly has decent instincts of when and where to attack. And he’s fucking rapid.

3 Likes

Tommy Pilling has signed his first professional contract with Liverpool FC.

The 17-year-old from St Helens has been at the Academy since the age of five.

5 Likes

Wan-Bissaka would get a nosebleed if he ever got as high up the pitch as Mabaya does.

1 Like

https://youtu.be/6MxKkZ6vk4E

2 Likes

What’s the opinion on Cannonier? Is he just a youth goalscorer with questionable all round play which usually doesn’t cut it at higher level or is he one for the future. Surprised he hasn’t made it to these pre season camps with the season he had compared to the likes of Musilowski

In my opinion Musialowski is significantly more talented than Cannonier. If Cannonier continues his scoring form at U21 level I’ll start to pay attention to him as a raw goalscorer but scoring goals at U18 level means basically nothing in my opinion.

2 Likes

Regarding Cannonier/Adam Morgan/insert a regular Goal Scorer at youth level, It still reminds me of the day when as a kid I used to read Match magazine and tally up match ratings of players like Kevin Davies as a 17 year old playing for Chesterfield, almost acting like a scout.
My most nostalgic moment was listening to 5live with a certain Robbie Fowler scoring against Fulham, for him then to get 5 two weeks later. I remember it wasn’t the featured game and they kept going back to it.

Nb. I also remember telling my family about the Brazilian Ronaldo aged 16 at the 94’ USA world cup.

I would love it if we could produce another Fowler/Owen!

1 Like

U18s lost to Sparta Prague 4-0

4 Likes

U 21’s v city. City 3-0 Liverpool. (PL2) opening game.

Liverpool U21s: Davies, Mabaya, Chambers, Quansah, Jonas, Bajcetic (Corness, 72), Frauendorf (Woltman, 66), Clark (Cannonier, 72), Stewart, Cain, Norris (Musialowski, 66).

Unused substitute: Hewitson.

1 Like