Liverpool Youth Teams Thread

@Sweeting you were correct

1 Like

I’m usually wrong when I make these kind of guesses so genuinely surprised! It makes sense though, our U21s are desperately thin at CB.

3 Likes

Nat Phillips type signing. Improves the team rather than one for future imo.

6 Likes
1 Like

To have a new/improved contract in nine months, he must be really good. :pray: :star_struck: :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Love to see Liverpool rewarding players that are making the necessary strides in progress, rewarding quality and not mediocrity

1 Like

Watched a highlight of U21 vs Man City (0-3). I believe that this is the first match of the U21 season? Our youngsters looked to be a step or two behind the opponents. The Mancs players were already learning to dive in the penalty box (received a yellow card for the theatrics), and horrific sliding from behind late tackle on Layton Stewart (hope that the lad is OK. The replay did not mention if he recovered or not.)

Harvey Davies kept the scoreline a little bit more respectable. There are 2 or 3 youngsters looking pretty decent from the clip.

1 Like

Tough fixture to start the season, Man City are always very, very strong at academy level. This was Jonas’ first game at U21 level and I think he struggled a bit with the pace of Man City’s forwards.

3 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

Liverpool Under 18s V Middlesbrough U 18s 12.30 LFC TV & LFC GO

Mrozek, Osbourne, Pinnington, Miles( Captain) Giblin, Pennington, McConnell, Doherty, Young, Doak, Koumas.
Subs,
Hayes Gordon, Morana (GK ) Figueroa, Gyimah, Laffy.

Doak has scored two on his debut so far. 3-0

7 of our 11 are 16 years old.

2 Likes

This season’s Cannonier? :thinking:

2 Likes

I reckon he could be even better. Not as much goals but overall ability

1 Like

Koumas might be. Just hit a hat trick

He is Jason Koumas’s son.

4th now

And Koumas scored again 6-1.
Edit 6-2 FT