Liverpool Loan Watch

1 Like

Morton played the full 90 in centre mid for Blackburn tonight

2 Likes

And Rhys Williams played the full game against him for Blackpool too.

Paul Glatzel has joined Tranmere on loan again for this season. Would have happened sooner but he picked up a knock in pre-season.

Club still trying to get Jake Cain and Jack Bearne out today.

3 Likes

For development or shop window?

2 Likes

Can we have him back :pleading_face:

1 Like

Both

Just had a quick look on twitter and all the Blackburn fans are praising Morton once again. Would be nice if he could play to a level that justifies him taking the spot of Ox or Milner next year.

1 Like

Do you perhaps know which role he’s playing? I read that he played one match as a centre back even.

He played in a midfield 2 last night according to twitter.

That was more due to fitness issues within the Blackburn squad, they had only 1 CB at the time. They also wanted van den Berg on loan.

Yeah, I figured as much but it kind of worried me about his prospects there as I imagined that they would be using him as a stop-gap solution. It’s really encouraging to hear that Blackburn fans are positive about him - he’s not a prospect of Elliott’s level but Elliott’s loan to Blackburn did him a world of good and I hope for a similar effect on Morton’s prospects. We’ll extremely likely lose Keita and Oxlade-Chamberlain next summer, so there might be an opportunity for him in a no. 8 role, at least in the pre-season.

1 Like
1 Like

What a name…

O’rourke is a family name of ours

2 Likes

Irish origins I’m presuming

1 Like

Yeah from Cork.

1 Like
2 Likes

That’s a great level of loan for Max, love if that works out for him!

I know no one else cares but I’m really happy with the loans out today on the basis that the U21s were massively overstocked with attacking players. Now we have Stewart and Cannonier for the CF role instead of Stewart, Woltman, Glatzel, O’Rourke and Cannonier.

Really hoping Jake Cain can sneak out before the deadline, not sure why there isn;t more interest in him, he was excellent for Newport towards the end of last season.

4 Likes