Liverpool Loan Watch

I’d like to think if we were spending 40m on a player, it wouldn’t be on a kid with limited experienced who isn’t good enough to get into our squad? This really only comes into the equation if he somehow manages to work his way into Klopp’s plans next season.

From Liverpool’s perspective it’s clearly been about making a profit back on players we knew weren’t at the level the club sets out…Neco Wilson Brewster Kent etc, were all loaned with the intentions already clear we’d profit from it.

I don’t see that being any different with Sepp.

Totally agree. The very objective of sending a player out on loan is to ensure his continued development by giving him regular competitive games.

Sepp could make the jump from a mid-level Championship side to one of the leading leagues is because he developed during his time at Preston. The 40-odd games Elliott played for Blackburn definitely helped him becoming a regular for us now.

2 Likes

Ooouch :grimacing:

The reach of the injury witch is long…

1 Like

Thankfully, the universe has decided to destroy every feel-good story that has anything to do with Liverpool. I think that Antonio Valencia suffered a similar injury more than ten years ago and it took him almost the whole season to recover. I think Sepp’s season is done but I hope it will not have a significant impact on his career - other than strengthening his mental resolve. I fucking hate this fucking season.

1 Like

Gutted. Hopefully the kid will recover fully soon :pray:.

Out of calendar year. Likely longer.

Serious ligament damage

Feels like someone has cursed our club and anyone associated with it…

1 Like

Leighton Clarkson with an assist and a beauty of a goal tonight.

Things seem to be going fairly well for him up there.

4 Likes

Tyler Morton (Blackburn) 22 games, 1602 mins
Leighton Clarkson (Aberdeen) 14 games, 958 mins
Rhys Williams (Blackpool) 14 games, 959 mins
Conor Bradley (Bolton) 20 games, 1568 mins
Owen Beck (Bolton) four games, 121 mins
Marcelo Pitaluga (Macclesfield)
Vitezslav Jaros (Stockport) 13 games, 1118 mins
Adam Lewis (Newport County) 19 games, 1329 mins
James Balagizi (Crawley Town) ten games, 714 mins
Paul Glatzel (Tranmere) one game, 14 mins
Max Woltman (Doncaster Rovers) 13 games, 748 mins
Fidel O’Rourke (Caernarfon Town)
Jack Bearne – Kidderminster
Sepp van den Berg (Schalke) four games, 323 mins :sob:
Anderson Arroyo (Alaves) nine games, 669 mins
Jakub Ojrzynski (Radomiak Radom) three games, 270 mins
Billy Koumetio (Austria Wien) 15 games, 1072 mins

1 Like

Not sure all those numbers are correct - Woltman has played way less than 748 minutes and 4 games (360 minutes) for Billy were in their reserve team for example

Morton’s loan is definitely going well then, not too dissimilar to Harvey’s there.

Wonder if Morton and Bajcetic swap roles next season.

1 Like

Really sad about Sepp van den Berg

You can take the boy out of Liverpool…

Owen Beck not having much luck

What happened?

no nothing. Just did not get games in Portugal and now not too much at Bolton.