Losing the midriff "wobble" or the TAN diet/exercise thread

It all depends on what your goals are but i think jogging 5km in 30 mins is fine,anything faster and you’re running.What you are doing is right in the middle,adding the bike and the gym to that and you’ve got to be feeling good about the level you’re at.You don’t need to be breaking any records. :clap:

1 Like

That’s a pretty good time. Considering where you were before. I was in this bit for a fair while before I started increasing distance. That builds endurance which does have a good effect when you do the 5km runs.

Maybe do a 7-8km run once in 10 days apart from cycling and the 5km runs. You’ll see improvements on the time within a 3 to 4 week cycle. It’s not difficult to better the times once you are running 6 min a km. I don’t mean going to 4:30 onwards. But doing 5 min a km is doable from here.

Appreciated!
Certainly happy with progress. Goals wise is only to get fitter and leaner basically to be better at the sports I like doing. They work a bit better when you’re on the lighter and stronger side.

Also the health benefits too. I definitely can’t ignore that given the issues I have.

But I’m a competitive animal and I really don’t like not being on par with people around my age etc. However, it is what it is, just trying to understand why, more than anything.

At least I can say that the gap has closed a little on the running. The bike one fascinates / shames me tbh.

You’re right I should do. Just fitting it in more than anything. If I get time I prefer the bike or something like paddle boarding. Heaven forbid I’ll get conditions to get some surfing or kite surfing in.
Stupid fucking UK weather is stuck with lovely weather, NE fly fart worth of wind and surf less than a pancake

It’s easy to get on the running bug. But my running partner shifted from hyd and that’s where the competitive angle really lost out.

I do my best to get at least a 5km jog each day when not working but that’s about it.I’m happy as long as i can do that without collapsing.
I wouldn’t mind the leaner bit myself,but a bit difficult when i can’t seem to cut down on the nicer things in life :rofl:

8 miles on my bike to my parent’s earlier, 5 hours gardening in the sun and managed 4 miles back. Had an accident, fell into a beer garden……

guessing you don’t like a Mexican mole sauce

Can’t say I’ve ever tried it. :man_shrugging:

do it jewish GIF

I’ve not had to cut anything out. I just watch how much goes in the hole.

Weight training has made the difference to me. It forces me out of bed early and as a result into bed early as well.

If I’m sleeping I’m not eating.

Running just didn’t seem to shift much for some reason. Probably down to more consistency across diet, sleep, exercise.

2 Likes

I remember having Mexican hot chocolate in your neck of the woods as a kid. Can still taste it along with the pumpkin pie. I have happier memories of dental surgery.

Fist exercise (other than walking round the golf course) for a few months.
Brisk one hour treadmill walk today, glad I made the effort.

1 Like

mexican hot chocolate and mole sauce are not the same thing.

a major problem with obesity in western world is our subconscious addiction to sweet. Even bbq competitions with cooking meat can have large amounts of sugar involved, when it comes to sauces and rubs.

This! Kicking my soft drink addiction has helped me infinitely. Mostly stopped drinking them in the last 3-4 years, and think I haven’t even touched one this year. I don’t even crave it anymore.

Never liked sweet sauces so didn’t have to worry about that.

I have some marinades that use golden sugar to balance the flavor, or honey as a substitute, or agave syrup. like Jerk Chicken, my recipe uses 1 TBSP of golden sugar but that’s spread over 10lbs of chicken. there’s more sugar in the pineapple glaze

1 Like

quite a lot of dishes worldwide use the element of sweetness to balance the flavours. It’s not necessarily wrong.

again no. Depends on how it’s balanced out.

1000% yes. it’s about moderation though. but when you take a relatively healthy piece of meat and slather it with brown sugar and spices, then cook it using a smoker which subjects the meat to carcinogens… then basting it with a sugar-based sauce… well it may taste good but it’s not good for ya.

Sure. But you can add that bit of sugar in a curry to balance the spice as well.

no question. and in thai food they use fruit and coconut to smooth our their curries as well.

1 Like