Manchester Cheaty* - 130 charges (and counting...) (Part 2)

I’ve mentioned it a few times, I’m convinced one of the reasons this is dragging out is because there is government involvement.

3 Likes

Who was the Chelsea manager when they signed him?

I think that was Graham Potters week to have a go as Chelsea manager

6 Likes

Classy operators as ever

Bouaddi, Anderson, and Fernandez. That’s quite the midfield overhaul/strengthening.

I’ve now been told that the draft judgment has been circulated amongst the parties. That’s all I’ve been told. Not even a hint of what it says. Tbf, I didn’t expect there to be.

1 Like

Easily the best midfield in non-league when that comes out then :wink:

1 Like

Could it be that City is paying extra to have no sell on fees etc ?

That would make some sense as there have been a few things regarding the case pop up in the last 4-5 days when it has been really quiet for quiet a while. So would explain the sudden increase in getting it back in the media and public attention

Those sales prices look incredulous…

They’ve stocked the pantry, and then some, so they are well prepared for this. The only thing that will truly hurt them is a just punishment, and few people expect that.

I hope I am dead wrong, but I expect a relative slap on the wrists.

I have it on good authority that the draft judgement reads..

“guilty, now let throw the book at the cheating bastartds”

FIFY

1 Like

Only thing is out of those three, I don’t think Bolton ever cheated. Everton cheated and survived in the season they cheated and yet they still want to play hard done by.

1 Like

Thats the joke - an innocent team punished harshest.

See comments like this from Everton fans across the web suggesting they did nothing wrong.

Totally. They’ve totally unearthed a hidden gem.

Pretty sure literally no-one in the world had ever heard the name Booardi before City spunked 86m on a kid from the eleventh tier of football somewhere.

They’ve done it again!!! Another diamond from the rough!!!

City are exactly like that other great rags to riches story, Elon Musk. They take unknowns and turn them into things of immense value. If only we had their foresight and vision.

Gah!!!

3 Likes

Saw bits of the game as I was flipping between a few, I didn’t think he was quite impressive. Porto gave them a solid game.

Truth is though, talent or quality doesn’t know age. He looks like a very good prospect.

The money aspect at City has of course been important, but many times in the last few years it seemed to me that they made the right choice of player.

There were numerous transfers that weren’t the most obvious ones out there on the market (for the outside world at least) and they took them.

1 Like

Such as?

Excluding the sweetheart deals within their multi club operation there are several you’d say haven’t really worked out

Grealish
Marmoush
Reijnders
Trafford
Gonzalez
Phillips
Gomez

Of course that in 10+ years there are players who haven’t worked out, like at almost all clubs.

But there were a good few that didn’t arrive from other top clubs, weren’t the finished article and they were spot on in getting exactly them.

The players he referenced are not going back 10+ years though. They go back at max 5 years, with most dealing with the last few windows, in direct relation to your comment.