Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

Only for you, my friend.

2 Likes

That’s it?

Looks like one of the club stock design range.

1 Like

I like it. It’s not a proper shirt for a not proper club. It’s on brand.

5 Likes

Looks like a training top to me.

1 Like

Puma did it for Dortmund too but their fans went on the barricades so they added the badge. Looks shit still.

7 Likes

Ahhhh that’s the problem for Man City

Fans

3 Likes
3 Likes

Fact is they don’t trail all that much though so most of these games will be when they were really shit.

6 Likes

Fucking hell…that is so bad it seems like some mathematician who works on probability could give a conference paper on it.

I’d listen to 20mins of that analysis.

1 Like

Hilarious Pep-poppin’, Oleinous 1-1 scenario incoming?

2 Likes

That’s a negative.

Ahead of the match Guardiola said: “We want a left foot on the left side, a right foot on the right side, basically that is the reason why [Grealish is on the bench].

Come On What GIF by MOODMAN

2 Likes
1 Like

is this really the fault of a club though?

5 Likes

What a headline grabber by the BBC. I am with @Semmy on this one. Pretty sure many other youth players go through the same scenario. Family and peer support is also crucial here. Good that Man City are introducing additional measures though, such as exit interviews and such.

3 Likes

I think there has to be some reflection by clubs and football on the ethics of youth recruitment.

It’s not acceptable to target children and dangle their wildest dreams in front of them, knowing 99% aren’t going to get there, and then discard them when it doesn’t work out.

I know Liverpool have taken huge steps to work with young people and their families even after they have been released, which is welcome.

But still, the nature of this is still troubling to me. We love to see a youngster come through, but for everyone that does loads of other don’t make it, and essentially are left having to rebuild their lives either in football, or frequently outside football.

11 Likes

What about a university’s responsibility for a teenager committing suicide after telling them they have failed?

Maybe not the right place for it, but I definitely see some parallels.

It’s an awkward one.

If an employer sacks a person, or makes a person redundant or doesn’t renew the contract (which is what has happened here) do they / should they have a obligation to look after that person for a period of 12-24 months after leaving the employment.

It seems like it would happen in a perfect world but as we all know….

Time frame was just an example btw.

The comparisons with Uni’d and employers are fair, but I think the big difference is that we are talking about children.

4 Likes