Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

3 Likes

Bloody hell, I wish they had sold Bernardo Silva when he was agitating for a move. The one subpar season he’s had was the one they failed to win the title - he was outstanding in all others. The snide bastard is their driving force this season.

1 Like

It’s an interesting theme of Pep’s time there that some players who were once important and fall out of favour are given time to work their back rather than just being flogged. At lots of clubs who compete for honours, once that happens to a player they tend to get moved on, either because they’ve fallen out of favour or the player gets the hump. With Citeh though they have repeatedly had those players work their way back after a sometimes extended period on the outside. It happened with Stones more than once. It’s happening with Sterling now. Same with laporte. It’s now seemingly happened with Silva this season as well.

1 Like

Watford v Man City. City fans singing about Gerrard! It’s just fucking wierd.

2 Likes

They were missing Mendy and Torres yesterday or am I missing someone?

What exactly was Pep bitching about the other day? Almost his full available while we have Bobby, Harvey, Joe, Naby and Curtis out.

Good for him they have no League Cup game this month and I am sure he will rotate more players on Tuesday than Klopp will.

Edit: Cunt!!!

4 Likes

I noticed that, what was it all about?

1 Like

They are almost as obsessed as the cunts from accross Stanley Park

1 Like

You know that I admire Guardiola’s ability to turn a 50 million player into a 70 million one but this is one important aspect of his coaching that people don’t talk about often. I think it happened with Sane as well, he wasn’t best pleased about being reduced to the status of an impact sub and was expected to leave the club a year earlier but he was astoundingly good at getting them important goals and assists, I couldn’t wait to see the back of him. Bernardo Silva is one such player, he always seems to deliver against Liverpool but has found consistency against weaker sides as well and he doesn’t seem to be looking to leave anymore. Rodri and Cancelo are unrecognisable after an average start to their Man City careers (I think that Cancelo was linked with an exit as well).

At the start of the season, I made Chelsea favourites ahead of them by a whisker because they had brought in Lukaku, while Man City failed to get a striker but it seems even a “strikerless” Man City is a daunting prospect for the rest of the league, especially with Silva and Foden being on fire this season. I’m not sure when they’ll drop the points next, their December/New Year fixture list looks really easy compared to Liverpool’s and Chelsea’s.

2 Likes

Might have to wait until the CL restart until they drop points.

On the other hand I would say we have the better squad. Backline and attack look very thin.

1 Like

If the struggle anywhere it’s against the teams that they have to dog a win against. Most teams will roll over and have their tummy’s tickled. I think they would have struggled yesterday against Wolves.

2 Likes

We struggled against Wolves. They will trash them on Saturday.

1 Like

They might do. But I think they sometimes struggle to dog out a result against a stubborn side.

3 Likes

They “death by thousand passes” approach, now with added aggression from Rodri and Bernardo Silva, will help them steamroller a lot of teams. They don’t look like a team hell bent on smashing opponents by five goals these days, they seem changed, as if they are looking to control them and gradually grind them down, conserve as much energy as possible in the process.

As for Wolves in particular, I think that the only way they would have given Man City a game yesterday would be if Jimenez was at his best, able to play in his teammates, help get on the end of counter-attacks. Wolves probably won’t see the ball next weekend.

2 Likes

Depending on how the ref deals with sterling falling over. :grinning:

2 Likes

A real injury crisis for them would make things fairer, although the moaning would be insufferable.

2 Likes

What would change then?

1 Like

Walker sent off, violent play, no next round for him.

1 Like

Wonderful, more whining from Pep

5 Likes

Kyle Wanker looked like shite all game.

Foden looked off the pace. Ake got injured. De Bruyne still not up to standard.

Have to hope City struggle with the busy festive period.

3 Likes

It might be 2 (or more) for violent conduct.

Aaron wan Bissakas Red in Sept resulted in 2 games for ‘rough play’

1 Like