Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

I haven’t seen a single pundit work with the Haaland injury record angle. Boringly sensible take on a spectacular signing, innit?
Doesn’t mean he isn’t potentially crocked already

1 Like
11 Likes

Always liked him. Shame about him , KDB and Aguero

1 Like

Pep’s magic doctors will see Haalands injury record sort itself out. It’ll all be totally legit as long as no one asks any questions.

2 Likes

The wall…the quote…the man…

4 Likes

Surely Erling will be swayed by our quadruple and choose to be part of something rather than go for the pay day??

2 Likes

Trying to rank which of their remaining opponents (except us) have the best chances to take points off them I’d say

1. West Ham (a)
  2. Villa (h)
  3. Wolves (a)
  4. Burnley (a)
  5. Newcastle (h)
  6. Brighton (h)
  7. Watford (h)
  8. Leeds (a)
3 Likes

I might be tempted to switch Newcastle and Burnley. Hard to say. Newcastle are looking decent right now, and ran Chelsea close. Burnley have a reputation for being horrible to play against, but perhaps now their bark is worse than their bite and the fear factor is disappearing?

Anyway, here’s hoping there are a few chances for Man City to drop more points.

3 Likes

Their April is a piece of piss other than us and so I think it would be a real shocker for them to drop any additional points there unless the wheels properly fell off. So for me I’m looking to May. On paper the games don’t look that much harder (although as you suggest, West Ham is away is a challenge), but the circumstances of those games could see teams really pushing hard for the points.

Ultimately, if City fail to put the necessary run together it is very unlikely to be because they simply came up against good sides, but because they bottled it against sides who competed well enough.

4 Likes

I don’t give a flying fuck what City do. If we win all our remaining games, we will be champions.

The boys know it, and so does Jürgen.

9 Likes

“Good side. Not as good as us when we take our chances but will finish higher than us if we don’t. It’s as simple as that.”

Mickey Owen’s on BlueMoon.

5 Likes

I am confused. Which team is his “us”? Liverpool or United?

1 Like

Wolves above Villa for me.

2 Likes

All Stevie has to do is play for at least a draw instead of going gung-ho…
Take two points of them might be good enough

1 Like

It’s a complex formula realised by the coefficient of the sum of its equal parts determined by which team is at the peak of its powers and winning at the time. Twat (Owen, not you).

3 Likes
  1. West Ham - challanging for a European spot, and whilst C/L spot is most likely out of the question, getting a E/L spot would mean back to back seasons in it, so would make them look s bit more attractive to younger players in Europe and South America looking to get their chance to show what they can do - not a given for the cheats.

2. Villa - Stevie knows which side his bread is buttered so will make sure to do the right thing.

3. Wolves - 2 points outside the EC2 spot. Will depend if they look at that as a hinderence or a chance to gain European football? Not sure, but they are a good team so would expect them to try to win purely because they want to win every game they play.

4. Burnley - Love to kick 7 shades of shit out of anything that moves, so expect to see a number of cheats flying through the air for 90 mintues. Wether this will be enough to take some points or not I have no idea.

The rest are all sorts of shite, although Newcastle under Howe have started to look better than what they showed under Bruce, so who knows, but Brighton, Watford and Leeds are all useless shite

3 Likes

There record against Wolves is as bad as Palace and it didn’t seem to matter in the change of manager.

Palace form over the last 5-10 games is bang average, they are an average team so to me it’s something more there is something getting to them and if we beat Watford then the pressure gets hyped.

I expect they will beat Burnley, it’s the away games I think with City.

4 Likes

Pep did not implement much rotation this season and that might bite him in the ass soon.

They’ve been kind of lucky with the schedule all season. Crashed out of the League Cup early. Made easy work of the CL group. Easy opponent in the FA Cup and CL quarter final.

That’s over now.

Southampton away in the FA Cup won’t be easy and opponents after that wont be easier.

Hopefully they won’t get Villarreal or Benfica in the CL.

Anyway, games will be coming thick and fast for them now too and PL games that seem to be easy on paper won’t be easy suddenly.

Let’s see how their squad which seems thin anyway will cope with the busy schedule, fatigue, injuries and pressure.

3 Likes

Well they might still get an easy CL quarter final opponent.

1 Like

Seems reasonable

:rofl:

4 Likes