Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

TV might push for one for the Tuesday is latest… but that might be other games that don’t effect us yet

Either way… Our game with the Cheaters is sandwiched between their two games against AM.!

EDIT: Then the Cheaters travel to Wolves to play them on the following Sunday

5 Likes

Im updating my spreadsheet with the CL games to provide more context

happy nick jonas GIF

2 Likes

I shall send him a jar of Vegemite if he threatens to sign. That should put him off.

1 Like

This is the most hurtful thing anyone has ever said to me.

1 Like

Well I can’t send him Marmite. He’d be supercharged after that.Plus I’d have to throw out my stocks on principle. I’d have find another source of B12

Like i was saying to a friend, their fixture list just got a whole lot complicated.

Half wish for them to reach the semi’s in the FA Cup. If anything, This will add to the load and give City one more competitive match to face in between their league schedules.

But fuck no, Middlesborough to knock out Chelsea , Palace to do a number on City again… That’s what i really want for the FA Cup

5 Likes

It’s confirmed that both City and Liverpool will play their first leg on Tuesday. Good news for us.

4 Likes

We could alternatively offer him a lifetime supply of tim tams if he signs for us - job done

2 Likes

Any news on when the Brighton game is being rescheduled for? It surely has to be the same midweek as our game against Utd, right?

And for those wondering, that is where I placed it, provisionally, on my spreadsheet.

2 Likes

Poll results at bluemoon.

2 Likes

Thats touching. 3rd most popular choice :rofl:

2 Likes

Deluded cunts

1 Like

Generally, they seem quite content with the draw. They’re underestimating how potentially grueling a two-legged tie vs Atletico could be, especially either side of our friendly wee visit to the Etihad. Hopefully Atleti will at least keep it tight going into the Metropolitano. It’ll be interesting to see how they cope with a Simeone masterclass in shithousery, considering half their team had mental breakdowns in the final throes vs Palace.

Speaking of mental breakdowns, there’s a little bit of infighting creeping into their forum, as well as their team. Many accusations of “LFC troll!” being thrown around, etc. All very irascible and, as ever, paranoid. That place is a sociologist’s paradise.

Anyway, if I had to describe the general mood around the club:

5 Likes

Yep, that was my thought after seeing Rodri loose his cool twice at Palace trying to disrupt their rhythm with gamesmanship.

Palace

3 Likes

I’m not as sold on the difficulty of that tie based on how AM played against United but hopefully they find a way to up their level against Citeh.

2 Likes

Probably be tougher away than at home seemed to go all for it at home.

City will defeat themselves if anyone bar the best defeat them. Lyon springs to mind.

1 Like

In fighting it’s said there are certain fighters who are great at being the ‘hammer’ but not so good at being the ‘nail’ i.e. can dish it out but can’t take it. Think Mike Tyson (a bit controversial, but allow it) or Conor Mcgregor.

City can be a better hammer than Liverpool, but we’re the better nail. We tend to deal with adversity better than they do. They win almost every game they go ahead in, but they have a tendency to drop heads/lose focus when it’s not going their way.

It’s probably being a bit optimistic to expect them to have a meltdown as the pressure comes on, but hopefully they’ll wilt just enough for us to pip them at the end of the season.

9 Likes

Downgraded from heart to thumb up for slighting Tyson.

2 Likes

The fucking amazing thing about this game is that is Pep - seen as the supremo of attackingfootball v Simeone - seen as the supremo of defensive football.

Pep will over thing this one, play ederson up front or some dumbfuck tactic like that which will be City downfall

3 Likes