Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

Haha, Jericho one of the GOATs. Even his WCW promos were great. I still like to watch his ā€œman of 1004 holdsā€ bit from his feud with Dean Malenko every once in a while. Classic shit.

3 Likes

Confused Trailer Park Boys GIF

2 Likes

I suspect Atletico will take more out of them than Benfica will take out of us, but we will see. All our games against Man City are a coin toss really.

I will say an unpopular thing for a Liverpool fan, but they pass the ball a bit better than us, and keep it a bit better, so the control that gives them will be useful on the large, energy-sapping Wembley pitch.

With that said, I love the depth we have up front these days, and it is possible that we will give them a hard time, freshen it up, and do it all again, within the same game.

We are fighting hard, for every trophy. Itā€™s a great time to be a red.

10 Likes

Anyone whoā€™s disagrees with this has no clue about football.

Itā€™s been like that since Klopp and Pep arrived in England.

They play like a clockwork - perfect passing game and ball control.

We improved in those areas since Thiago arrived but it doesnā€™t really help us against City.

Our traditional wild pressing style was kryptonite for Peps game but thatā€™s not really whatā€™s possible with Thiago in the 11.

3 Likes

They are still a top side but I have to say they used to be better under Pep.

Have the feeling most of their (opening) goals come from outside the box by Mahrez, KdB and Foden.

They have to work really hard to score goals while in the past they were scoring for fun.

Lost Kompany, David Silva, SanĆ© and AgĆ¼ero over the last few years and were not really able to replace them.

After all they years with Pep and all the money spent they should have a perfect squad but to me it still looks like of thin.

3 Likes

Pace of Diaz, Salah and to be fair Jota if he plays as well as the full backs will be our advantage.

If we are solid they could get nothing, our break will be key as well as pressing on goal kicks and so on. Need less of what we did today which was at 1-0 we looked to play the cute or difficult pass instead of the simple one just to keep possession, I noticed both Klopp and Hendo were at it about it.

Robbo deffo offers a better outlet than Tsimkas, itā€™s going be a tough match but at this moment our squad has more than City when you have to rotate.

3 Likes

Come on Redmen!!!

City will target Trent again, if heā€™s fit to play. It was down the left, where they had the most success at Anfield. We need to plan for this tactic.

1 Like

Trent didnā€™t play at Anfield, Milner did.

6 Likes

Yes, my mistake. Itā€™s an age thing.

1 Like

They will deffo target Trent though.

1 Like

Ssssssssterling will be practicing his high board diving technique between now and the games

1 Like

And we need to target their back line, it was woeful against Spurs and it rarely gets any practice from some teams.

Iā€™d be more confident with ours than there one.

3 Likes

Everyone targets the right side of our defence because on the left we have VVD and Robbo. Itā€™s not that Joel and Trent arenā€™t great, itā€™s that thereā€™s no choice.

7 Likes

In fairness if you were the opposition manager you would target our right side. And left actually but Trent probably does bomb forward more than robbo

A lot of teams have a particular set up that leads them to attacking down one flank over the other regardless of who they play. City are one of them.

2 Likes

City attack everywhere. More than Trent on the outside (yes, there was the pretty successful game against Sane when Laporte was at LB), with their ability to constantly get to the by-line in behind defenders for clean cut backs, itā€™s the areas between the CBā€™s and FBā€™s which are also dangerous or even more so. Itā€™s more complex and there are much more possibilities on both sides and from both perspectives than just targeting a certain 1v1.

1 Like

FIFY

2 Likes

Guess who didnā€™t perform in yet another huge game, (missed a big chance) Dortmundā€™s last chance saloon game they drew yesterday at Cologne?
Capture+_2022-03-21-20-37-12
Cityā€™s Timo Werner hopefully incoming

5 Likes

Am I the only one who canā€™t look at this cunt without thinking of the baddie from Ghostbusters 2? Vigo The Carpathian? Anyone?

7 Likes