Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

I was going to ask similar. Is he worth £40m?

I know the going rate for central defenders is a bit bonkers but still.

So they got one guy who’s unproven in the premier league and one guy who had a horrid season last time around for a combined spend of more than 110M , that too in a covid19 influenced market

3 Likes

That just inst true. The defense he inherited at Barca included Thuram and Zambrotta who he never played, and Milito and Marquez who he immediately started phasing out. Even Puyol and Abidal who he relied on were old and played diminished roles over time.

Bayern was a bit different, but he still improved the players he found there. Most notably Boateng.

3 Likes

Fair play to Aymeric Laporte

Someone called him Eric Laporte a couple of days ago and Aymeric tweeted him with “Eric?” and the guy responds saying he thought his name was Eric and that Aym was just slang for I’m…haha

Now he’s changed his twitter handle to I’m’Eric Laporte. Fair dos. :joy: :+1:

18 Likes

Crikey. A sense of humour in evidence. City’s joke of a defence takes on a more literal meaning.

3 Likes

Pep on Bielsa:

“I think he’s (Bielsa) is probably the person I admire the most in world football as a manager and as a person,”

“I think he is the most authentic manager all the time in terms of how he conducts his teams, he is unique. No one can imitate him, it’s impossible.

“My teams won more titles than him, but in terms of knowledge of the game, I am away from him. It is a good present, a good gift to have him in the PL.

“His teams are a joy to watch, how honest they are, and they always try to produce good football for spectators. It’s good to have him here.”

:heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Strange that he didn’t mention Liverpool or Anfield at any point.

2 Likes

He must be reading the forum.

1 Like
8 Likes

That was a good summary. Shows again why CAS fucked it up.

1 Like
14 Likes

So much bitterness…

Love it!

4 Likes

Hateful Eight :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Can’t believe they’re gunning for those responsible for the external influence on CAS. Umm…lads, this may come as news to you but

6 Likes

So, first game with Dias at the back and basically their first choice defence on paper. And against Leeds. Could be fun. They should’ve put that game as the last one today, not bloody Newcastle v Burnley.

3 Likes

Does tin foil affect intelligence?

Probably not, but depends on how much tin foil being used, there could be long term effect on the neck.

1 Like

Peps fucked,
no-one fears them anymore,
he will loose the dressing room soon (if he hasnt already specially after the Lyon game)
the ship is sinking,

hafuckingha…

4 Likes

Are you sure? Seems to me that once you start wearing it you’re only going in one direction.

1 Like