Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

OMG all these excuses for why City lost…it all comes down to 1 issue that none of them have had the balls to say - without De bruyne few of these players are at the level they show when he’s on the pitch.

12 Likes

excuse no.1 :- not enough cover at full back.

4 Likes

I’ll say more on the match thread later but they were garbage once they have to play one or two from the bench and 3-2 flatters them.

Considering we also rested one of our starting defenders.

11 Likes

No no no. Had we have had to play Tsmikas or Gomez we likely would have been even shakier than City. Ultimately, just none of this was fair to city having to play their 40 million quid 4th choice CB (who turned out being their best player on the day).

5 Likes

I don’t think that Man City are that reliant on De Bruyne, simply because they now have Rodrigo and Cancelo who are out of this world but Mark my words - had it been Liverpool who were so dependent on one player, at least in each third of the starting XI, he would have been either prone to niggles or already out for the season by now. They got lucky this season but they won’t know it since their fixture list is very kind and we have already dropped two too many stupid points this season.

1 Like

They looked very reliant on the players they missed, then again we were much better.

4 Likes

Ok….

Let me say this coz we are quick enough to jump on the cunt for everything else.

Well done Pep Guardiola for criticising those in the City end who were chanting during the mins silence.

Gone up in my estimations cos a lot of managers would have side stepped that question.

Up the FA Cup final Reds!

10 Likes

5 chances possible. World class players on bench. Trailing all game. Making just one change.

I think there can be a lot reading into it but most importantly I believe concerned about not winning the league.

The club we are expected to believe has the highest revenue in world football couldn’t sell out their allocation for today’s game. Had to put a big fuck off banner over all the empty seats. Those that were there showed themselves up in the minute’s silence. Probably the most noise City fans have made all season. Despicable. If there’s any justice we’ll win the lot this season.

19 Likes

This is so maddening. So many fans can’t go to games due to unavailability of tickets. I wish FA and UEFA would reduce their quota for tickets.

3 Likes

Not Klopp. He would have called them out too. Might be a reflection of how weak managers are in general than a positive reflection of Pep when we are talking about such an appalling act.

3 Likes

Winning Premier League should be secondary to them because they want Champions League so badly but I think that there’s an important mental factor involved here - not wanting to come second to the club they (or at least their manager) wish to be like. You know, the one with massive and passionate fanbase, global appeal, the most silverware in the cabinet and all. Part of me thinks that one of the reasons why they pay over the odds for players is to unsettle clubs like Liverpool, who still p(l)ay by the rules.

For me, they are still the favourites to win both Premier League and Champions League but even though their team was weakened, it still boasted the majority of their strongest XI. I don’t think this win will have hurt them but I don’t mind - I hope it gave the wings and real belief to our lads.

4 Likes

I think its already been mentioned but De Bruyne is so important for them. Like Fernandino and Kompany have been. I would be interested to see how many of their losses and draws he has featured in.

3 Likes

He wanted nothing to do with extra time at all and neither did 50% of his squad. The ones that couldn’t bear losing to us stood up to be counted. Didn’t include Pep, obviously. Not subbing more than 1 player, was dereliction of duty.

1 Like

City are a completely different side without De Bruyne. For all the talk about their individual players, he’s the one who ties it all together and gets the movement around him going. Was a bit nervy for a few minutes at the end but I never really thought we’d lose that match from the way the game played out from minute one

7 Likes

Jack Grealish now needs just two more goals/assists this season to draw level with Taki Minamino. :grinning::grinning::grinning:

14 Likes

If gladioli knows what is good for him he will not pick Fernandinho for CL games because the refs will send him off unlike in the FA cup or the league

4 Likes

I was really surprised Oliver didn’t send him off today, the assault on Mane was a nailed on red card.

5 Likes

The second most suprising stat today other than the fact they lost only 3-2 was that they got less cards than us.

Fernandinho should have been on about 3 yellows before he got one and yet Oliver didn’t really let ours go later on.

6 Likes

One of the most gratifying aspects of the first half was that the fucks that disrespected the period of silence, got a prime view of us ripping them apart in the first half.

Mane’s second goal especially must have hurt.

11 Likes