Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

Great starting post lol

Yeah, it should’ve been a intro or something, but this comment was too good and thought to share lol.

1 Like

At least you started on a good foot and welcome to TAN, not the best time to be in here, with how we are doing, as some tempers are short lol

4 Likes

Thank you. Indeed, but every club got ups and downs. I mean look at Arsenal, they were literally a banter club… but they trusted the process and now they are getting the results. Arteta is a fucking great manager.

However, hopefully we’ll do something in UCL and have a busy summer in order to sort out all the problems…

5 Likes

Agree I always expect us to win games and be the best, it doesn’t always happen but we support through thick and thin

1 Like

how many lawyers Pep gonna need?

Angry Manchester City GIF by DAZN

Sky reporting that they’re only being investigated for the period 2009 - 2018.
So, they stopped cheating in 2019?

I can only see two outcomes. Either the Prem prevails and shows the government that it is getting its house in order, or Man City prevail, legally, and end up owning the Prem and making it their bitch.

If the latter happens, it will hasten the advent of an improved European Super League. With Man City not invited.

1 Like

If found guilty on enough serious claims, amongst other punishments, why not just suspend the whole club from any participation in anything football related for at least a full season, if not two… Leave the pariahs out in the football wilderness for a while

2 Likes

:joy:

No. But that’s for another thread.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t see it as a reward to these teams at all. But it would send a very clear message to teams like NU that their shit won’t stand. And that’s an extremely important message when it looks like nation states are trying to run more football clubs.

Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

1 Like

Why would anyone not want the stolen titles returned? That’s mystifying. If someone came along and stole their hard earned cash, wouldn’t they want it back?

Not that it will come to that, but this sort of thinking is incomprehensible to me.

8 Likes

Possibly because United will therefore get more titles returned than us (we would only get 2009 and 2013 I’d imagine) which will put them further ahead?

Really?

No, City stopped cooperating in years following 2019. They are still being investigated, these charges just end in 2019 and charges for refusing to cooperate from 2019 onwards.

3 Likes

Were City in the 3rd tier when they were taken over? I think a suitable punishment should involve sending them back but as a tier lower.

I do have some sympathy with older fans who supported them from the Maine Road days. Fans have practically no say in who their owners are but the support is usually taken for granted.

was funnier when i posted it about 10 hours before you. :rofl:

1 Like

they had just finished about 8th and lost 8-1 to Borough on the final day when taken over.

2 Likes