Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

Kompany’s achievements and fortune were made at a club that was guilty of systematic cheating, over many years. On 100+ counts. Allegedly. And that doesn’t even include more recent years.

I would also want to deflect, or at least, keep my trap shut.

He went for the former.

8 Likes

Fuck him. Benefitted just as much as anyone from their nefarious dealings. Cunt.

4 Likes

I would say a lot more than most. Imagine he had all sorts of ‘sponsorships’/brown envelopes on the go

2 Likes

Problem with this is if Man City sue the PL where do they play?*

*suppose they could go play in the Saudi league :wink:

1 Like

I rather think a lot of them may be fearing a knock on the door from the taxman.

4 Likes

Simple.

They can join the Mike Goldstone Div 1 :wink:

GM Vauxhall Conference

1 Like
1 Like
7 Likes
  1. Kompanys statement just reads like ‘well everyone does it, why pick on us?’…you could almost use it as evidence…

2. @Mascot i assume it wouldnt be a tax issue, but more an issue of where funds came from…if they were slugging brown paper envolopes to all the players theres no way this thing stays so hard to prove for so long (imho), young lads intheir 20s just arent capable of holding that secret… id imagine it would be just done through back chanels where the players are at arms length…(payments to third parties for sponsorships etc etc), but even then, from my understanding its less what the players recieved on the side, more about what was funneled into the club to make the wages ‘legit’…

3 Likes

I would think that they were already beyond their allowable debt limit (per FFP rules) so they funnelled more money into the club under the guise of sponsorships to ensure their debt ratio didn’t climb beyond the acceptable limits?

So really, CAS was wrong and the Citeh really did cheat their way to success by creative accounting methods and fake sponsorships to float their spending.

If I’m reading this scenario somewhat correctly?

CAS didnt even deny that, they just said that City’s obstruction of the investigation was a valid means of extending the case out passed the statute of limitations and therefore couldnt be punished despite being guilty

5 Likes

Bloody hell that’s a 90s flashback… they’ve moved several van producers since.

Love that film.

1 Like

City’s formal response:

“Can you give us a few weeks to reply please? Need to find a way to get the cash into the club to pay the legal bills. Plus, if you want any fines paying, just drop the first 3 accusations”

And fuck him again…
Should have got a red card for his assault on Salah. A moment that cost us a title, in a sea of cheating that cost us much more.
So well said @wyld.at.hrt
Fuck him. Self righteous cunt

5 Likes

Agreed. Which is fucking mind boggling by itself.

5 Likes

I hope I have copied the link correctly. Taken from another Liverpool fan forum. It is quite clear that all parties are well adversed to the intentions of their bosses and that they are carrying out their duties to ensure that all their forecasted growths appear legit.

3 Likes

They’re going on about about Inhalers again! Oh my days.