Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

I thought that was my line?

Not sure you quite understood him. Three points per season gives us our titles but doesnā€™t give United any, lol.

3 Likes

For once Iā€™m 100% with you.

Not so much on what they deprived us but how they have corrupted and distorted the game.

1 Like

must be bollocks - its from indy so probably is.
cant imagine the PL have put in 4 years worth of work to cut a deal, ban them for 2 windows and deduct 20 points THIS season - That wouldnt hurt them at all - theyd still finish higher than us!!

2 Likes

Read somewhere that it might take up to four years for a decision which would be shocking imo.

Donā€™t care if nothing happens this season but there has to be a final decision for punishment before next season / summer transfer window starts.

2 Likes

it cant drag on 4 years. that would be a farce.
needs to be sorted by end of season. city will appeal so needs to be done by mid summer so if relegated that can be factored into the championships season

1 Like

Do you think the timing of the announcement of these charges has anything to do with the announcement of European Super League plans? I donā€™t think the ESL is going anywhere soon but the lack of FFP enforcement in the Premier League must be making it look more attractive.

2 Likes

I think they can go lower than that, although these days it is called the Vanarama League. Even lower than that is the Northern Premier League. There would be about five games a season against Merseyside teams, if you count Widnes and Skelmersdale as being in the Liverppol area. Plenty of opportunities to hurl abuse.

1 Like

Aahhh ok. I like the cut of his jib!

2 Likes

Of course the icing on this particular cakeā€¦ would be if a paper trail of money could be tracked back to Mike Rileyā€¦!

2 Likes

I totally got the joke, but to be serious, I donā€™t really care about the titles at this point. Retrospective awards canā€™t give Jurgen and the players and the fans those moments.

What I want is them strung up as a warning to all the others. Next time that there is a oil state looking to financial dope their way to international respectability, I want them to look at the broken shell of Manchester City Football Club and think twice.

10 Likes

This escalated fastā€¦.

I meant it metaphorically. Sort of.

I want them paraded naked down Matthew Street covered in shit
Embarrassed Shame GIF

1 Like

Make it clear that was a ā€œGame Of Thronesā€ reference or Amazon will cancel you!

3 Likes

Yupā€¦thatā€™s what I heard as well, with all the appeals that Man City will definitely go for, it will take that longā€¦

Nah that just seems the latest attempt to launch something thatā€™s evidently dead.

Also the PL isnā€™t the comparable League.

However

Did it have something to do with the government regulator?

100%

1 Like

I have absolutely nothing to say about that when asked in the Everton presser about the city charges
First minute

1 Like

Probably a more polite reply than, ā€œComment? Do you think Iā€™m fucking crazy?ā€