Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

I think he’s one of those people that gets triggered pretty easily. When triggered he’ll spout any shit that comes to mind.

Later he’ll think back and it’s “oh fuck”.

Another part of my mind is that he’s been given comms,maybe even legal advice on this one.

Hilarious moment I think, and if you ever need a definition of rent free it’s right there.

9 Likes

Maybe LMA had a word considering Gerrard is now a manager they probably weren’t happy with comments like that which were fan bantz at its worst.

2 Likes

Legal advice, LMA? Think we’re going too deep now. It was a “politically” stupid move from Pep (though I understood what he wanted to say), no manager is imune to crap stuff sometimes considering the amount of stuff they’re being asked (and club officials nowhere to be seen in press conferences). He probably just realized it was sensitive to a big player he admired, apologized and that’s it.

1 Like

I agree with your post, as you say he gets triggered easily, almost too easy - I remember his first season at City and that he had a few rants.
In a previous post I compared him to a child - its everyone else’s fault, I hate you, you are so horrible. Everyone, is guilty of over reacting in the heat of the moment but this is different.
Pep, went into the original press conference with the intention of defending the club but he made it worse, It actually drew more attention -
The fact that he ranted for a period of time without actually being asked a question, shows how much he is on edge.

Pep and Cities PR/legal team had an idea of the type of questions that Pep was likely to be asked and yet they either never briefed him or he ignored them. He should have just distanced himself from the allegations but instead he has brought them more attention.

I agree, but Pep’s approach was definitely pre-meditated. However, it appears it wasn’t rehearsed.

Impossible for me to know. Of course it’s such a serious subject and you know already more or less the questions coming. They all work with the club’s press officers, PR team and whatever. But the Gerrard bit I don’t think it was planned, I didn’t get that impression.

League managers Association the managers Union.

I know who they are, I just don’t see why something like that would happen.

That is exactly what I am implying. In my opinion no PR team would tell Pep to bring the Gerrard situation into the discussion, or if they did would expect Pep to deliver it with a bit more grace.
My own interpretation is that he got pulled up after the PC and was advised to address the Gerrard asap. Allowing him to show a bit of humility and not let the comments fester. :+1:t2:

I didn’t mention anything legal, a bit of a mind your language to a fellow professional.

Though it’s probably just he realised what a prick he was on a come down.

Forest Fans: CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE, YOU’LL NEVER SING THAT!

Man City Fans : CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE, YOU WEREN’T EVEN BORN!

Forest Fans: CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE, YOU WON’T BE ALIVE!
:grinning::grinning::grinning:

7 Likes

Good honest banter. I do not mind fans sharing a bit of humour. Its when it gets personal.

7 Likes

I knew Pep was a cunt but I didn’t think he was Hitler…

If it is of so much interest to show this footage, it might be prudent to find a clip that is not displaying that scummy newspaper.! :+1:

5 Likes

Well whether it attracts interest or not is up to you to decide if you want to give it interest, even though it’ll probably come to nothing I thought it was worth posting about anyway as it involved a high profile player in our game that could come under investigation.

Scummy newspaper, yeah ok…an article is only as bad as the individuals behind it who allow it to be published, Arnold and Mackenzie are no longer with us…they’re history, so I can somewhat move past it.

How lucky you are then to forgive and forget so easily…

Funnily enough they were discussing the severity of indecent exposure on the James O’Brien show the other day.

I think many, me included, still saw it as a minor offence or maybe even something just to laugh at. Then you consider that the murderer of Sarah Everard was a “flasher” who escalated his behaviours into killing an innocent woman and you suddenly realise these people are the same scale as killers and rapists (albeit they are not as far down the scale as those people, but have potential to get there).

Compounding that was the numerous calls the show then got from women who had been flashed, or masturbated at etc and how its really affected their confidence or their feelings towards having their children grow up, knowing those types of experience could be out there.

Long story short, do I think Kyle Walker is about to murder someone? No. Do I think his behaviour deserves a strong punishment? Absolutely. The video evidence alone should have been enough for a lengthy suspension by Man City - if they had any morale basis to begin with.

6 Likes

Who said anything about it being easy? We’re all different and I’m not 1 for living with anger and hatred over anything for the rest of my life.

Club should have taken some action to be honest even if it was a disciplinary procedure.

It’s a bit weak they won’t do so.

3 Likes

See, you’re too nice to be a mod.